X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    That is never EVER going to happen.
    Says the guy who thought he'd never find a job...

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      then he's due for another one. I know that some people claim that 'Event Horizon' is his masterpiece...those people are frickin' nuts, but whatever. I didn't hate 'Resident Evil' or 'AVP' (so sue me) but I won't claim that they're great movies either. They turn a profit, though...that enables him to keep swinging the bat, and one of these days he's gonna hit a legitimate home run.
      Resident Evil wouldn't be AS BAD if it wasn't called RESIDENT EVIL. The fact that Romero had a badass script (that was dead on in regards to the games) that wasn't used was a huge let down. AVP sucks IMO. AvPR was streets ahead.

I don't get the Event love either.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

That is never EVER going to happen. And that's because there's nothing distinctive about what he does or the movies he done. Again, not everyone who makes it in Hollywood is going to make "art" but it just seems like he's a massive bag of "ehhhhh".
        Actually, he's got his own niche, even if it isn't something artistically outstanding.

He can make competently shot films, can direct actors competently (seriously, getting Drunkie Chan to speaka English AND wrangling Chris Tucker can't be easy), and even knows how to shoot tense moments (Red Dragon's finale was well composed if nothing else).

Give him some credit. Just because fanboys piss on him for trollish reasons, he's got chops and knows his market. He's one of the better new(ish) journeyman directors out there.

Never say never in that business. Zemeckis used to direct people for chrissake.
        Last edited by Captain Russ; 03-25-2011, 02:15 PM.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• RUSS + PAUL = TRUE LOVE
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

That is never EVER going to happen. And that's because there's nothing distinctive about what he does or the movies he done. Again, not everyone who makes it in Hollywood is going to make "art" but it just seems like he's a massive bag of "ehhhhh".
            Rob Cohen. I don't know how he did it, but Mr. Mediocrity himself absolutely ACED 'The Fast and the Furious'.

Kevin Reynolds. The same thing with 'The Count of Monte Cristo'.

Nobody sets out to pull a PRODUCERS and make a shitty movie. Some don't care about the quality, they just want to turn a profit...fine, but they don't make a shitty movie on purpose. You keep trying, you keep honing your craft, and hopefully the stars align in such a way that everything goes RIGHT. When that happens, even the most mediocre of people can achieve greatness. I mean, look at Ed!
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The alien movie or the prince?
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                Says the guy who thought he'd never find a job...
                Well, ya got me there.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Great now you guys got me thinking about Mr. Holland's Opus. Thanks!
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• That movie woulda been so much better if he'd nailed Uncle Buck's niece.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                      Great now you guys got me thinking about Mr. Holland's Opus. Thanks!
                      Yep, Stephen Herek. That's arguably HIS masterpiece. It didn't do much for me, but I know a bunch of people that absolutely love that film.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Rock Star is his opus.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• YESSSS

Comment

• you know, I forgot about 'Rock Star'. LOVE that film.

Comment

• YEAAAAAHHHHHHBOYYYYYEEEEEE
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                                That movie woulda been so much better if he'd nailed Uncle Buck's niece.
                                Dreyfus has such a layered performance. Because he starts young and then he's old at the end! With no hair to visually convey the complexity of said performance!
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X