This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    Carrey is getting attention from early talk off of Kick Ass 2 (which just got scheduled for the Friday before July 4th).
    What kind of attention? Is the word on KA2 actually GOOD, then?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      What kind of attention? Is the word on KA2 actually GOOD, then?

Universal gave it a sweet-ass Summer release date after seeing what was shot.

More confidence than Lionsgate ever had in the property.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Of course he wants Chris Pine to play himself.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Well his portrayal of Captain Kirk WAS based off of Rob Liefeld tweets.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Question re: the Icons thing...

Are these cats really Icons? Near as I can tell, the only one of these guys that isn't universally reviled is Lee. Aren't the 90s held up by all thinking people as the dark ages of comics?

Seriously, what did they do? They created Image. Which basically is a self-publishing, creator controlled comic company. Well, Dave Simm was doing that for years ahead of them. All they did was strike while the iron was hot on McFarlane's and Liefield's popularity. Smart, yes. Iconic? No.
            Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
              Question re: the Icons thing...

Are these cats really Icons? Near as I can tell, the only one of these guys that isn't universally reviled is Lee. Aren't the 90s held up by all thinking people as the dark ages of comics?

Seriously, what did they do? They created Image. Which basically is a self-publishing, creator controlled comic company. Well, Dave Simm was doing that for years ahead of them. All they did was strike while the iron was hot on McFarlane's and Liefield's popularity. Smart, yes. Iconic? No.
              Icons? Nah. Like you said, Simm beat them to the punch re: self-publishing, as did quite a few others back in the day (Eastman & Laird, etc.). The rise of Image is a fascinating story, though, and the company back then signified everything that was right and wrong with comics during that time. If anything, parts of the story serve as cautionary tales about working in comics, and if done right would make for a great flick. I doubt, however, Liefeld is the guy to pull it off.

Still he could get Spike Lee to direct...

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LJhoa2SVGNA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Comment

• That new Die Hard clip is not good. It has the most ridiculous punch sound effect this side of Lethal Weapon 3 and seems to have appropriated the tank chase from Goldeneye.

It just irks me that these films are called Die Hard. He looks and acts nothing like John McClane, so why not just create a new franchise with these last two films, one where the ludicrous physics and awful quips don't feel like betrayal?

That shot from the most recent trailer of Willis and Courtney falling through the building while the helicopter explodes really did look and feel like a cutscene from a video game, when they showed it in the cinema.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Bruno has been replaced by a sleepwalking dipshit.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yep, Willis is Deniro-ing it.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• They have to frequently open his eyes digitally.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• He has Sasha Grey eyes.

And by that I mean he looks like he is dead inside.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Wonder how long it'll take before he snaps out of it. Or does he?
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I was almost convinced he was turning it around with Moonrise Kingdom and Looper.

Then the trailer for that fartbomb happened.

I can forgive Expendables Part Douche, as the obligation to hang out with a sentient ballsack that sports Ed Hardy tattoos might be fun for the stories to tell the folks back home, but GET IT TOGETHER SQUINTS.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I just wonder, is he doing what he does by choice. Or have those around him convinced him he's actually doing good work. It would make a great episode of Oprah if he were confronted about it. I sense no couch's would get jazzercized on.

Comment

• Well he can't stand jimmyhats and keeps cloning himself the old fashioned way, so I have a feeling it's a financial obligation at this point to squint in between naps.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X