Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd go for number 1 or 4, Matt. A friend of mine saw Pi a couple of weeks ago here (special premiere with the book writer) and he LOVED it.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• All of them have great reviews AND interest us, so I know that we won't go wrong.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        OK, I need input from Troy and Jamie on this -

The wife and I are planning on taking in a movie tomorrow afternoon, and I need to know which one to opt for:
        LIFE OF PI
        SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
        THE SESSIONS
        LINCOLN

We want to see them all at some point. We're leaning towards SLP or THE SESSIONS.
        LIFE OF PI - I liked what it wanted to be, but not what it was. 3D is fucking amazing in it.

SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK - Quickly climbing my Top 10 of the year. I dismissed it at first, but it's a strong performer.

THE SESSIONS - John Hawkes is great, but it takes some time to work on you. Helen Hunt is miscast, but she'll get a nomination out of this due to how well this film will perform at Awards Season. William H Macy is fucking amazing in this, but nobody's been giving him any credit.

LINCOLN - I'm enjoying the backlash on this, as people were expecting a traditional Civil War movie. The script is going to be taught in writing classes for the next 25 years, so that's cool. However, it's not Spielberg's best. Everyone else is firing on all cylinders, but the editing and direction feel off throughout it.

In terms of viewing needs, I'll structure as follows:

Silver Linings Playbook
        Lincoln
        The Sessions
        Life of Pi (see it in 3D)
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• And lots of press suddenly being blocked from Hobbit screenings...
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I'll be the one dork that says... Jack the Giant Slayer looks kinda fun to me.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
              And lots of press suddenly being blocked from Hobbit screenings...
              Keep going. Is the word still not good, then?
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Keep going. Is the word still not good, then?

I'm believing that this will be what blows up the usual sites for the next 2 weeks. WB was wise to place it right before a major holiday. However, it's still going to fester until Monday.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• So what's the word, then? You mentioned some issues before...are those still valid? Anything else?

Comment

So what's the word, then? You mentioned some issues before...are those still valid? Anything else?

The gist I've caught from PR people that haven't left for the Holidays is that there were a few legit press screenings and word as meh to negative. The ending is where it went really, really, really negative and now it looks like the last 30 minutes are being recut or chopped.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rdYO3KWmcv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• no idea what the fuck this is about, but after Primer, I'm game for whatever he does.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• http://www.slashfilm.com/oblivion-tr...yman-on-earth/

Oblivion looks awesome.

Comment

• was coming here to post about that. I wish it was someone other than Cruise, but I like it. Almost like a live action Wall-E.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Quite.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• It's a great trailer, but there's nothing in there that looks new in terms of story. I betcha I could write out the entire movie right now and be 90% accurate. I'll still see it (unless the reviews are toxic) but my expectations are pretty low.

Comment

Working...
                                X