This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    Any word on Killing Them Softly? I'm super excited. Expecting greatness.
    Temper your expectations. I personally loved it, but it's in many ways a very different beast to Chopper or Jesse James. It's a series of extended dialogue scenes between pretty despicable characters, drawing on the financial collapse and Obama's election to mirror the petty actions of the petty criminals depicted. It's also very much about MEN. Especially men saying some horrible things about women.

But once I knew that, I was able to just enjoy an absolutely flawless cast led by an on-form Pitt (Gandolfini and Scoot McNairy are both standouts) and Dominik's gift for visuals and overall pace. The final scene may be my favourite of the year. But I know a lot of people that HATED the film for its indulgences.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
      Oz - Very torn on that one. Looks like Raimi's going a little Gilliam and having fun playing with the toolkit, Williams and Franco look pretty great and it hints at having a knowing script, which could be fun.

But Kunis seems out of place and it looks like ANOTHER film building to a big battle-revolt by the 'locals', with Oz leading them into action, just like every fantasy property now has to have, thanks to Lord of the Rings (Alice in Wonderland, Snow White and the Huntsman etc.). I am so bored of lazy 'prophecies' and 'chosen one'-centric storylines for films like this. Just make it fun, it doesn't have to be faux-deep.

On that basis, I'm more in the 'don't care' than the 'ooh, pretty pictures!' camp.
      I get where you're coming from, Ben. The story does seem formulaic, but I'm getting a vibe that there'll be some decent twists to the story. Plus, we get Raimi and Bruce Campbell together again with this flick! And I think Kunis may surprise us, if my hunch is right.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4OtM9j2lcUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I really want to see this.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Same here - love me a good caper flick!

Comment

• Plus it's always nice to see more Mark Ruffalo.

Comment

• That looks great.

Comment

• Yep. Could be a lot of fun, hell of a cast.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Woody Harrelson, Mark Ruffalo, Morgan Freeman AND MAGIC?!?!? THERE
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Damn. Great trailer. Hope the film lives up to it.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'm late to the party on this too but what the hell is up World War Z trailer? So they basically bought the name and that's it? Weak.

Comment

• Weak. And shitty.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Don't front; if there's good zombie mayhem involved we'll all be down to at least some degree.
                            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• For sure. The mountain of zombies climbing up a wall is kind of neat and scary. But I thought it was going to be "Brad Pitt is a historian talking to the people who experienced these events" thing.

Comment

• OK, I need input from Troy and Jamie on this -

The wife and I are planning on taking in a movie tomorrow afternoon, and I need to know which one to opt for:
                                LIFE OF PI
                                SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
                                THE SESSIONS
                                LINCOLN

We want to see them all at some point. We're leaning towards SLP or THE SESSIONS.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X