This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
    Has anyone actually seen John Carter? I mean that as amongst our group, not as a hyperbolic joke representing the population at large.
    YES! I have and I found it fairly dull with a very odd opening and a fantastic last few minutes. The thing is I'd love to see a sequel with a better story cause the world was cool. Doesn't look as though it will ever happen though.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
      Also the big bad guy is a pair of suspenders.
      With loafer henchmen.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
        YES! I have and I found it fairly dull with a very odd opening and a fantastic last few minutes. The thing is I'd love to see a sequel with a better story cause the world was cool. Doesn't look as though it will ever happen though.
        Someone got fucking served!!!! Not anyone in particular, I just know that when Ari returns, rapes and getting served's goes up 87%
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
          Has anyone actually seen John Carter? I mean that as amongst our group, not as a hyperbolic joke representing the population at large.
          I did. Didn'T pay for it, though it was ok. Entertaining, really liked parts of it, hated others. Loved the Princess.

Poorly edited.

But the marketing... Christ...

It deserved to bomb... sorry Matt... And I liked it, but reationally, it deserved it.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• "reationally"? Is that French?
            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• it's "rationally" typed on a cell phone.

Comment

• I really need to see The Raid, but it doesn't look like it will be playing here

Comment

• Oh yes it's playing here! Man, my friend from Toronto who saw it there will be in town, and he insist that he has to come as well. ACCEPTED.

Comment

• The Drafthouse said the distributor decided to put it in a theater in the farthest flung northern suburb that would never fucking go see a foreign movie, and the Sundance theater downtown. Might go see it downtown next Friday.

Comment

• Hunger Games

Eh. It was thoroughly mediocre. I understand why it's a big thing, because it gives the illusion of being profound and having a strong female lead but in actuality didn't. Katniss was boring lawful good, and never made a hard decision. She refused to kill when anyone, and her two kills came when she was looking down the barrel of the proverbial gun. She didn't do it to win and go home to her family, she did it because the author/writers wanted her to be as likable as possible without making her agonize over the horrible event she is going through. And the world just had WAY too many question marks and what felt like huge plot holes to me. Why didn't these people continue to revolt?

That brief title card was not enough. They blew up some other district...but we never see any more of their military might. There has to be a reason they won't continue to revolt...except that when Rue dies her dad kicks off a riot where several boot leg Half Life 2 guards get fucked up before the riot gear cops show up. So the people CAN revolt, isn't fighting for your life better than giving up two kids a year and living in squalor?

And the game itself did zero for me. Once they showed that they can rig the game and miracle fucking dogs out of the ground it wasn't interesting. It was no longer these kids fighting each other for their lives, it was outliving the bullshit that the game runner tossed at them.

I dunno. Movie was just middle of the road. I'm much more interested in the next two movies with a pissed off Sutherland and maybe it will plug in a bunch of plot holes for me. This felt like a very incomplete chapter one.

Comment

• Well, I was going to write something up on my tumblr about Hunger Games but Russ pretty much took the words right from my mouth.

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-hunger-...ence-commands/

Comment

• Matt's gonna kill you now. Lulz
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It was The Running Man with tits. Not really, but about as entertaining.

Comment

• Needs more lawaaawaalll/arnold

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                                It was The Running Man with tits. Not really, but about as entertaining.
                                Tucci as Richard Dawson was exquisite.

Lawrence was the bomb diggity. But the movie just didn't make me feel anything at all. I was sorta bummed I spent two and a half hours on it, but it would've been spent watching basketball or something else anyway. No biggie.

Comment

Working...
                                X