This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merci, most kind.

I wound up dropping all of the Image titles after a short while, mostly due to the sloppiness of the art, and the writing was meh at best for most of the founding titles. I got drawn back in when Danger Girl came out, though it was murder waiting and waiting for new issues to come out. Much as I like J. Scott Campbell's style, it's not that good that I'd wait a year or so between issues to see more of it.

Comment

• My problem with the Image titles was that it took five minutes to read an issue...splash page after splash page of people posing. No story. Quickly lost interest.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        My problem with the Image titles was that it took five minutes to read an issue...splash page after splash page of people posing. No story. Quickly lost interest.
        YES! That was it in a nutshell - quick reads because every panel was like a splash page! Also seemed like almost every title was a team of heroes trying to tap into the X-Men fanbase, but I could give two shits about anyone on the teams because the characterization was lacking.

Reminds me I have a bunch of Spawn comics to unload. Anyone want?

Comment

• I have spawn 1 - 116. I had a problem. Well technically I HAVE a problem since I can't sell those damn things back.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I have Spawn 1-50, plus the Angela mini-series. Couple of issues of Youngblood, complete run of Danger Girl, first year of Gen 13 as well.

Back on track, what's the skinny on Piranha 3DD?

Comment

• I think I have a Youngblood signed by someone, I've blocked out who signed it though.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                I have Spawn 1-50, plus the Angela mini-series. Couple of issues of Youngblood, complete run of Danger Girl, first year of Gen 13 as well.

Back on track, what's the skinny on Piranha 3DD?

No skinny so far, since it's a Weinstein slam-bang job. Same M.O. as the first and it looks like it'll be profitable.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  My problem with the Image titles was that it took five minutes to read an issue...splash page after splash page of people posing. No story. Quickly lost interest.
                  The hatching more than anything else for some reason drives me to kill.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I've got SPAWN 1-100 or so plus a couple of others. Bought them for collectability. Smart move.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• When did the clock run out on Simmons? Was it ish hundert? I seem to have forgotten all about the crazy black man demon with wormface.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• according to Spawn.com issue 216 came/comes out soon. That's as much research as I'm willing to devote to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                          I have Spawn 1-50, plus the Angela mini-series. Couple of issues of Youngblood, complete run of Danger Girl, first year of Gen 13 as well.
                          I had the first issues of Bloodstryke. So I'm way more damned than any of you.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I've hot the first few issues of PLASM, Martin. You may be damned, but I'm driving the bus that'll take you into hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                              according to Spawn.com issue 216 came/comes out soon. That's as much research as I'm willing to devote to it.
                              I had no clue it was still on-going. That is gouache bro. If Cappullo ain't drawin' it, I have no interest in Wormface.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I bought the whole run of "Preacher" while you people were reading this shit.

I chose wisely.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X