Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the BOURNE films, love most of the BOND films. There is no apartheid for me.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Yeah, the Bourne films really are great and they genuinely get better as the series goes along (though Supremacy is probably my favourite - its the Karl Urban/never-bettered car chase factor). Colour me shocked, Robert, that you're no fan.

Also, that Legacy trailer is bitchin. Renner looks fucking nails.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I love Bond too. But lack of gadgets? I think I'm just gonna start picking random reasons to not like movies. "GI JOE seems ok but there's not enough use of actual squad tactics for my taste." WTF
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Jesus man. Settle the fuck down. I'm not big on the Bourne flicks due to the fact that I enjoy crazy ass gadgets instead of MMA beatdowns. It's why I love the old Bond flicks and think the Daniel Craig ones are boring as fuck. I've watched them all (lesley digs them) but I never need to see them again. WE LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS FOR DIFFERENT REASONS.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
            I love Bond too. But lack of gadgets? I think I'm just gonna start picking random reasons to not like movies. "GI JOE seems ok but there's not enough use of actual squad tactics for my taste." WTF
            British fighting square NAO.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
              Jesus man. Settle the fuck down. I'm not big on the Bourne flicks due to the fact that I enjoy crazy ass gadgets instead of MMA beatdowns. It's why I love the old Bond flicks and think the Daniel Craig ones are boring as fuck. I've watched them all (lesley digs them) but I never need to see them again. WE LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS FOR DIFFERENT REASONS.
              How I responded to you is no different than how you've responded to others on different topics. I didn't attack you in any way or get crazy or anything of the kind. And you can like what you want but if I think somethings silly then I'm going to say so. I'm not trying to fight about anything so I don't know what you're being so sensitive about.

You're the same guy that routinely shit on Hocken (RIGHTFULLY SO) for some of his likes and opinions, but when it's done to you it's all SIMMER DOWN!!!!
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Guys.

I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Sucks that I'm all out of rep for the both of ya.

Comment

• Norton, Keach, and Doc Ock's wife are a part of the new ensemble?

Fuck yeah. That looks awesome.

As per Rob's POV: I get it. Sort of. Not everyone likes shaky-cam CQC. But even then, that isn't the only appeal to be found in those films. The character is a broken man, and seeing him put things back to status quo (or as close as his fractured psyche allows him to) is what makes them great.

It's also why the latest Bond is good. He isn't a smug asshat who is automatically going to win every battle (Roger Moore's Bond can DIAF) and leave relatively unscathed (there was a nice compromise between the two in Brosnan's first outing, I will admit). I like gadgets too, but in this latest incarnation, they don't fit the aesthetic at all. If someone were to do a retro sendup or something, I'd understand their necessity.
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-08-2012, 12:26 PM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Sorry, but as the years go by, I find myself enjoying the Roger Moore BOND films more and more. No pun intended. He has a couple of real stinkers, but so did Connery, Dalton, Brisbane, and Craig. Hell, the only Bond who batted 1000 was Lazenby.

Comment

• I can get the shaky cam cqc critique as well not necessarily liking the "mma" type fights. But like you've said Russ there's way more to it than that. However everyone is entitled to like what they like discussion be damned.

Comment

• Ok...funny how spell check changed Brosnan yet kept Lazenby.

Comment

• Moore's Bond is like a drunk uncle trying to be cool. It's hilarious. Until he shoots somebody in cold blood.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                                Moore's Bond is like a drunk uncle trying to be cool. It's hilarious. Until he shoots somebody in cold blood.
                                I'll out THE SPY WHO LOVED ME and FOR YOU EYES ONLY up there with the absolute best of the Bond films. And...so help me God...I've totally come around on MOONRAKER as well. I used to loathe it as being absolutely ridiculous, but then I realized that THAT was the point. It's a self referential satire on Moore's Bond run and it works perfectly. They get all of that shit out of their system and then do the most straightforward Bond film of the decade.

Comment

Working...
                                X