• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shit I miss...
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I was here and I feel like I missed something too.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
        So wait.....I'm in the wrong here? I mean I know pc is overdone but Japs is ok? I guess I just missed that memo. Carry on.
        Noooo, you're not wrong.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Holy shit, I'm not sure exactly what SAFE HOUSE is about but I know I need to see it right fucking now.

Comment

• Looks like the usual Denzel Washington Badass Show, this time with special badass guests Ryan Reynolds and Robert Patrick.

EDIT: Denzel good enough to make me like the Book of Eli, a fucking Christian post-apocalyptic movie featuring special badass guest Gary Oldman and the most badass iPod ever.
            Last edited by Martin; 01-26-2012, 08:08 AM.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• It's not Christian at all. It revolves around the bible, but yeah, not a Christian movie. I follow Gary Whitta (the screenwriter) on a bunch of stuff he does online. The only thing Whitta considers religion is Apple, which adds an extra layer of lulz to the iPod.

Comment

• Book of Eli was shit.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  It's not Christian at all. It revolves around the bible, but yeah, not a Christian movie. I follow Gary Whitta (the screenwriter) on a bunch of stuff he does online. The only thing Whitta considers religion is Apple, which adds an extra layer of lulz to the iPod.
                  Bible = Christian, but I get the gist of it. The iPod thing is indeed hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                    Book of Eli was shit.
                    I liked it.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Bible = Christian, but I get the gist of it. The iPod thing is indeed hilarious.
                    That's a pretty myopic way of looking at it. When I think of Christian movies I think of that Kirk Cameron shit. THAT'S a Christian movie. Book of Eli didn't beat you over the head with doctrine throughout the run time from what I remember.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I liked it as well. The soundtrack was outstanding. I get what you mean Josh, but I was kinda disappointed that the book was the bible, but it wasn't remotely preachy. I didn't mean christian movie in a negative way (unlike KNOWING! THE STEALTH CHRISTIAN MOVIE!*)

*Knowing would have greatly benefited greatly from having the Steath robot warplane.

Comment

• I still need to see Knowing. Well not NEED need, but need in a self flagellation kind of way.

Comment

• Knowing > Book of Eli
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• There's actually some really cool sequences in it. The mood is great, really (it's Alex Proyas), but overall, it's a wonderfail.

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                            Knowing > Book of Eli
                            Rob, you're not as wrong in this as Ben is with Haywire, but close.

EDIT: If you ever bitch agaisnt Redline I'll punch you in the cock like Drago on Apollo. Consider yourself warned, Mr. Rob.
                            Last edited by Martin; 01-26-2012, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Never caught Knowing. Thanks for the warning. I know it may seem strange since I've talked about my beliefs here before but I don't want to be beat over the head by the gospel when I watch movies. I go to movies for entertainment. That's not to say films can't challenge my perception of things up to and including religious beliefs and still be entertaining. I just don't want them to be preachy, to use your vernacular.

Comment

• Hence why see Crash (not the one with Spader) as an abomination and yet I love The Last temptation of Christ, for exemple.

Comment

Working...
                                X