• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
    People laughed at Avatar initially...

...Just saying...

...*Lowers head*

It won't do Avatar numbers, but it's getting setup to clean house.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I'm really going to blubber during War Horse...This I know...

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6_SSuwTqcUU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        It won't do Avatar numbers, but it's getting setup to clean house.
        Certainly not Avatar bucks. But that and Sherlock Holmes 2 are going to be the monsters of this Christmas at the box-office.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Wait. That War Horse movie is for real? For reals? I...I'm at a loss for words.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy earlier.

It's wall to wall class on almost every level imaginable, cast especially. But I didn't feel as involved as I would have liked. I'm sure an element of its "coldness" is deliberate, granted. I don't need my espionage to be all marshmallows and hot chocolate soft round the edges. Still would've been nice if it wasn't just as frosty as it is though.

If Fassbender does't want it or something, Tom Hardy is every bit as qualified for Bond. There's an understated determination and power he can channel that would serve the part very well. Mark Strong continues to be great. Belfast's Ciarán Hinds is just a legend all round. Cumberbatch was a stand-out though. Not the flashiest role in the flick, but a very assured performance from him all the same.

I'd give it about 3 and a half Isla's out of 5.
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                Saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy earlier.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Rackin' up the hotlink points today.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Dammit!

Wait...we have a rule against that?
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                      Saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy earlier.

It's wall to wall class on almost every level imaginable, cast especially. But I didn't feel as involved as I would have liked. I'm sure an element of its "coldness" is deliberate, granted. I don't need my espionage to be all marshmallows and hot chocolate soft round the edges. Still would've been nice if it wasn't just as frosty as it is though.

If Fassbender does't want it or something, Tom Hardy is every bit as qualified for Bond. There's an understated determination and power he can channel that would serve the part very well. Mark Strong continues to be great. Belfast's Ciarán Hinds is just a legend all round. Cumberbatch was a stand-out though. Not the flashiest role in the flick, but a very assured performance from him all the same.

I'd give it about 3 and a half Isla's out of 5.
                      What about Oldman? He's the frontrunner for the Best Actor Oscar here.

I don't screen the film until the Wednesday after Thanksgiving.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Oldman's very good, but I honestly don't think it's an Oscar-worthy performance. He gets overshadowed by Cumberbatch and Hardy. Firth, Strong, Hinds, and Toby Jones all put in great shifts as well. John Hurt also brings his A game in a small supporting role.

Firth has an absolute blast.
                        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• War Horse, huh? Jen is SO going to want to see that flick, and she'll drag me along, too. Boxes of Kleenex, I'll has them.

Comment

Dammit!

Wait...we have a rule against that?
                            It is frowned upon, but mostly just due to the lack of available context.

YOU MADE ME CLICK AN EXTRA TIME, YOU BASTARD
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

I'm really going to blubber during War Horse...This I know...

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6_SSuwTqcUU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
                              This is Spielberg's next movie? That horse is soooo fucked...
                              Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Can we get like a 25 year break on horse movies after that one? Can't say why but I've never really dug any of them.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X