This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
    I don't want to sound like a heartless bastard (too late), it's just the obviousness of it all is incredibly insulting.

It's like they put all of the potential melodramatics in a hat, and instead of drawing one or maybe two of them, they just grabbed for all of them in one fell swoop.

If there won't be a second trailer with "Solsbury Hill" on it, then it is a missed opportunity.
    No, you pretty much nailed it. I feel like punching that trailer.

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
    This on the other hand feel 100% calculating to play on our memories of 9/11. Fuck that and the assholes behind it.
    Yeah, it's just gross. Look, I don't mean to act like all us NYers are special snowflakes and you can't talk about 9/11 unless you have our express permission, because it's not like that, and I don't ever want to come across that way. But that really is just manipulative and gross.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm watching a real movie about NY - "Ghostbusters".
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lesley View Post
      She doesn't look aged... she just looks like a normal person vs. movie star. IMO.
      Upon further analysis, I agree.

Comment

• Yeah, she looks fine. I mean, look, Sandy B. can pretty much do no wrong in my eyes - except for this movie. I just wish she hadn't agreed to such an exploitative pile of crap.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
          Yeah, she looks fine. I mean, look, Sandy B. can pretty much do no wrong in my eyes - except for this movie. I just wish she hadn't agreed to such an exploitative pile of crap.

REALLY?

REALLY?

You're surprised that Sandra Bullock did a less than stellar movie? REALLY?

REALLY?
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I'm not saying she hasn't done crappy movies before, but hey, occasional crappy movies from our favorite actors happen from time to time. Over all, I really like her. I just hate that she's involved in this.

Comment

I'm not saying she hasn't done crappy movies before, but over all, I really like her. I just hate that she's involved in this.

You're calling it this, while giving the rest of her career a pass. It's a bad trailer based on an award-winning book with a capable director. That alone elevates over 98% of her work.

Even if it's a piece of shit, it's better by default than most of her work. She's Sandra Bullock not Kate Winslet.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I never said I was giving the rest of her career a pass - you said I was giving the rest of her career a pass. I said that she's made some crappy movies here and there, just like anyone else in movies, but that I basically like her. Take it or leave it.

Comment

• 'Hope Floats' is still the bad movie standard by which I judge all other bad movies. Bar NONE one of the absolute worst movies that I've ever seen. Thanks for that one, Sandy.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I never said I was giving the rest of her career a pass - you said I was giving the rest of her career a pass. I said that she's made some crappy movies here and there, just like anyone else in movies, but that I basically like her. Take it or leave it.

Leave it.

Comment

• I basically like her too (she's pretty and she seems like a nice person), but that's in spite of a LOT of her films.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        I basically like her too (she's pretty and she seems like a nice person), but that's in spite of a LOT of her films.

But, that just flies in the face of the whole process. How can you like someone when the basis of your knowledge is their body of work?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                          But, that just flies in the face of the whole process. How can you like someone when the basis of your knowledge is their body of work?
                          It's not just her body of work, though. We've seen her be HER in interviews, award shows, etc. We've read stories about her. We've developed an overall impression of SANDRA BULLOCK, the PERSON, and that impression helps to trump some of the incredibly shitty work that she's done.

Also, she HAS been in some genuinely good films. That fact, along with a generally good opinion of her as a person, helps to counteract the OH GOD ANOTHER SHITTY FILM factor. At least, it does for me.

Comment

• I also understand that a LOT of that public impression is deliberately orchestrated by herself and her management. We're buying into a product: Sandra Bullock, NICE person. I get that.

Comment

• I liked her in Demoliton Man. That's about all I got.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Net

Comment

Working...
                                X