This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    Exactly, for me Attack the Block was the best goddamn movie of the summer. Even though it wasn't original, it was really REALLY fun.
    What is original these days, good Sir?
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Ya got me there, Jamie. But the way I see it, Attack the Block was exactly like Inception the year before. A refreshingly good summer movie that wasn't a franchise, sequel, or reboot.

And Martin says it best.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• No, no, no. I'm not knocking you, bud.

Just wondering what constitutes original nowadays. I mean...I remember reading HitFix whining about how an "original movie like Scott Pilgrim" could fail and I'm thinking, "Uh, you guys know that's based on a comic-book, right?"
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          What is original these days, good Sir?
          Last mainstream one would be Inception.... and even then...
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Yes it looks sappy. Just re-watched the Jerry Maguire and Almost Famous trailers. They have very similar beats. I'm going to see the fuck out of this film.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EgnhnwOsNVM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• His daughter looks like the chubby bubbles girl.

Memes have gotten out of control.

(I too will see this at some point, because it is a Crowe movie. And I am a sap.)
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• If I hear another trailer or commercial with that Sigur Ros song I'm going to Bjork myself.

Comment

• Not even its constant recycling in movie trailers can affect my love for that song, nor Takk by association.

(So you're gonna switch to geothermal heating? Right on.)
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Takk is one awesome album, but it's use is exclusive for the Children of Men trailer only.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Kee and Theo are permanently ingrained in my memories of that song.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                        Yes it looks sappy. <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EgnhnwOsNVM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="345" width="560"></iframe>Just re-watched the Jerry Maguire and Almost Famous trailers. They have very similar beats. I'm going to see the fuck out of this film.
                        Needs more talking animals. And Kevin James.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Crowe always has shitty trailers. I wonder if he cuts them himself?
                          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• Unless Damon or the little kid gets eaten by a bear I feel like we probably saw the whole movie.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• @Non-Paul-Blarting Fellow: Could be, if the soundtrack choices are an indication.

No matter how badly his film misses the mark, the soundtrack is always great.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Ehh. Look at the trailers for his other films. They all have the same exact beats (and quite frankly all have that same "I've seen the whole movie" feel). It's the performances which lift his material. Damon is a god, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he does in a Crowe film.

Comment

Working...
                                X