• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
    Speaking of remakes - STRAW DOGS.

Nothing original in Hollywood... EVER!
    fixed...

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
      Speaking of remakes - STRAW DOGS.

WHY?
      Coming from Rod "Can't understand subtlety" Lurie no less.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• The Wild Bunch just can't really be improved on. You wanna remake Fright Night? Go for it. But there just aren't the kind of actors in mainstream movies these days to mke The Wild Bunch work.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Since Tony Scott can´t possibly cast Denzel Washington in any major role I guess this remake is DOA.

Which is a blessing.

Or - as usually - just what Ben said.

Comment

• So this week I've heard news about remaking Blade Runner, The Wild Bunch, and now Straw Dogs. It's like Hollywood is actively campaigning that they don't want me to spend my money in theaters anymore.

Fuck 'em. I'll watch the originals for next to nothing, and be far more entertained.

Comment

• Best thing about Straw Dogs remake? A new BD dropping in a couple weeks of the original!

Comment

• "Beyond The Game"

I want to watch this.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Machine Gun Preacher actually looks pretty good, in a Blood Diamond sort of way.

Marc Forster - the new Ed Zwick.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                    "Beyond The Game"

I want to watch this.
                    Me too.

The first thing that film gets right: it LOOKS good. As in, crisp photography and good lighting. Well, actually the first thing it gets right is having an awesome subject. But a major gripe with modern documentaries is that they so often just don't try on the visuals any more. I guess Nick Broomfield and Micheal Moore have a lot to answer for. What most documentarians don't realise is that they're not Nick Broomfield.

Anyway, this. Fistful of Dollars II: The Next Generation. I'm down with that.

Comment

• Looks like a lot of fun...

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ebCawfEnSWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• YESSSSSSSSS

Comment

• YESSSS
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Who's the girl in this? She looks hot in an Asia Argento / Olga Kurylenko sort of way.

The sight of Idris Elba falling backwards off a cliff, mid gun-fight, is a very pleasing one.
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                              The Wild Bunch just can't really be improved on. You wanna remake Fright Night? Go for it. But there just aren't the kind of actors in mainstream movies these days to mke The Wild Bunch work.
                              A man like Warren Oates will never be replicated. Ya hear me? NEVER!
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Just did some trailer recap.

Red Tails: fuck Lucas, but I'm a sucker for WW2 movies, and even more so for air combat. Will see.

Battleship: Looks mighty retarded, but will probably see this... as it's Peter Berg...

In Time: Looks great. I hope it's a return to form for Niccols, who did shit since Gattaca, one hell of a masterpiece.

Trespass: Meh. Cage looks retarded, as "trying to out-ugly Sean Penn in Calito's Way". But he also fails at that too.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X