This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dunno. Doesn't look horrible.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Dinklage and the dude from It's Always Sunny = yes.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah I'm gonna see the hell out of it.

Comment

• I want to chariotize my wheelchair now.

Comment

• YESSssss
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• They had me with the Dinklage. Everything else is scenery for the Dinklage to chew.

Comment

• Mmm...Glau...
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                  They had me with the Dinklage. Everything else is scenery for the Dinklage to chew.
                  that.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• http://www.slashfilm.com/cowboys-ali...w/#more-108310

Cowboys and Aliens not looking so hot. Can you talk about this yet Troy?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      http://www.slashfilm.com/cowboys-ali...w/#more-108310

Cowboys and Aliens not looking so hot. Can you talk about this yet Troy?

Yeah. It doesn't surprise me, for the following reasons.

1) It's a really big guy flick. Feels like a Carpenter spectacle in the late 80s at points.

2) The supporting cast overpowers the leads way too much.

3) Daniel Craig is out-of-place. He feels like this sore thumb that never gets to develop.

Other than that, it was pretty great.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Josh and I were discussing this on Google +, but the news of a new Jurassic Park excites me. Especially that Spielberg is involved. Granted, the depth of his involvement has yet to be disclosed. I still think there is a story or 2 to be told. Especially if they go with the whole "life will find a way" route and show invasive dinosaurs.
                        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Knights of Badassdom? I'm there.

Jurassic Park, would depend upon who is involved and the story told. But like I told Howard on Google+™ I don't think they can capture the whimsical feel of the original and for me that's part of it. I could be wrong though.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• What if they went the "Aliens" route & just had droves of compies & raptors invade civilization, w/ lots of anti-dino combat footage? Like a zombie movie w/ lizards? IMO, that would merit at least a rental b/c really, how much can you wring out of isolated-group-on-island-they-oughta-KNOW-is-Dino-infested schtick? And we've already seen a T-rax running rampant in the city. And because B's right. The childlike feel of the original is probably forever lost. So you kind of have to resort to tricks like this now.
                            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• inb4RiseoftheApes

Sounds like going back to the well could lend to something interesting, but it is up against such insurmountable odds of ever approaching such a thing that there is little point to doing it besides "HEY REMEMBER DINOSAURS? THEY'RE BACK! NOW WHERE'S YOUR WALLET, YOU MOUTHBREATHING HEATHEN?"

I am such a jaded fuckhead
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-25-2011, 01:16 PM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I want my bugfuck crazy dino with guns movie dammit.

Comment

Working...
                                X