Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

Looks....surprisingly good? Plus I love The Boof.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

I'll check this trailer out later. I'd like to see a recent Oliver Stone movie that isn't done with hands so heavy that they are coaded in lead.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

This whole thing still feels like a fucking retarded idea.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Dude, that was Airwolf!

Last edited by PHEDG; 01-28-2010, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I have absolutely nothing invested in this. I have seen Wall Street once, like 15 years ago. That said, the teaser doesn't look horrible. Loved the limo pulling up outside the prison and G-Money* jumping in.

*Fictional generic rapper name likely to be used by old white man like Oliver Stone.

Comment

Originally posted by FASTER FASTER PUSSY GALORE View Post
            Initially I was right with you but I've slowly been turning around. The Boof notwithstanding (sorry Rob - he's just as cardboard as Channing Tatum and only half as cute).
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

How about now?

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Better. Ok. I'd do him but he's not sleeping in the bed.
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by FASTER FASTER PUSSY GALORE View Post
                  Oh it is.

Comment

It's only a bad idea if he pusses out. But if we get some 80's era Stone this could be great, especially with the current financial climate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      How about now?

My more feminine qualities just came out. First thing I thought was "Nice fucking suit."

Comment

I have a lot of affection for the first one. This just doesn't seem right. Not sure Ollie has the same fire anymore. Then again I might see this in the theater just for old-times sake.
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

One thing that bugged me about the first one was the comment made by John McGinley about Gekko selling shares in NASA prior to the challenger explosion. How can you make such an oversight when you set your movie in 1984?

Comment

You sure it was set in '84?
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

In the opening of the movie it is established that it is 1985. The character Marvin tell Bud Fox that Gecko sold NASA stock short after the Challenger Disaster. The Challenger vehicle was not destroyed until 1986. The Space Shuttle Challenger disaster occurred on January 28, 1986, when Space Shuttle Challenger broke apart 73 seconds into its flight, leading to the deaths of its seven crew members. The spacecraft disintegrated over the Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of central Florida, United States at 11:39 a.m. EST (16:39 UTC). The character of Marvin was speaking about an event that had not yet happened.
                              So it was '85, not '84.

Comment

Working...
                              X