No announcement yet.

SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, NON MARVEL SPIDEY DOES WHAT A SPIDER CAN IF SONY LETS HIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My big complaint so far, mechanical web shooters are still fucking DUMB. Still can't believe it took James Cameron to figure that out.

Comment

• I will agree that I'm also sick of superheroes taking off their masks all of the time.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        SM3 being better than ASM? No way.

ASM works precisely becuase the casting is perfect. Raimi was fucked the moment he got Maguire/Dunst as the leads. And SM3 brings that to the forefront when you see Topher outacting Maguire which made me want to see Topher as Parker from the getgo.
        Don't get me wrong, Topher would've been PERFECT as Peter/Spidey - dude looks like the character, he can easily play the smart-ass that being Spidey demands, and he delivered a solid performance in SM3. But, at the time, I felt Maguire did a solid job, too. He did need to be more of a smart aleck in the films, though (still love his work in the wrestling scene in the first film - we needed to see more of that Maguire in the rest of the films).

Again, Garfield IS a great actor, and is a fan of the character, but I don't know what was throwing me off about his performance as Pete. Much better with the wisenheimer personality in costume as Spidey, but it just didn't register with me like Maguire did. I'm hoping the sequel will prove me wrong and Garfield will feel more solid to me in the role.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        I will agree that I'm also sick of superheroes taking off their masks all of the time.
        You. Me. Ssssame. This has pissed me off in damn near every superhero flick from Batman ('89) to ASM. The third act reveal, the reveal to the love interest, etc. Fucking enough already. I want to see Garfield's face, I'll watch The Social Network. I want to see Spider-Man beat the shit out of a giant lizard and fuck up NYC, I want my superheroes to LOOK like superheroes - LEAVE. THE. MASK. ON.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          SM3 being better than ASM? No way.

ASM works precisely becuase the casting is perfect. Raimi was fucked the moment he got Maguire/Dunst as the leads. And SM3 brings that to the forefront when you see Topher outacting Maguire which made me want to see Topher as Parker from the getgo.
          Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          My big complaint so far, mechanical web shooters are still fucking DUMB. Still can't believe it took James Cameron to figure that out.
          Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          I will agree that I'm also sick of superheroes taking off their masks all of the time.
          ALL OF THESE
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Down with #2 and #3 on that list, Josh.

Comment

• I SAID ALL OF THEM DAMNIT!!!!!!
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• NEVER! NEVER, I SAY!

Yeah, put THAT in your pipe and smoke it, fella!

Comment

• I finished it last night. It has issues, but I liked it more than the first or third Raimi movie. Garfield is an awesome Spiderman, but a dickhead Parker. I mean Parker is just kind of an asshole in the whole movie, not the reject nerdy outcast. He's a douche. Lizard's face? Could not deal with that head, totally the Mario Bros. koopa head. Taking your mask off for the kid? Awesome scene? Taking it off/having it removed the other 2 or 3 times? Pretty dumb. And he wasn't even the BIG hero at the end, Captain Stacy is. Also, big laugh at Connors grabbing Spiderman and all "omg dont you fall and die on me I need redemption" when all Spidey has to do is oh I don't know TOUCH THE GLASS AND STICK TO IT THEN MAKE A SMARTASS QUIP TO CONNORS because that would actually make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                    NEVER! NEVER, I SAY!

Yeah, put THAT in your pipe and smoke it, fella!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      I finished it last night. It has issues, but I liked it more than the first or third Raimi movie. Garfield is an awesome Spiderman, but a dickhead Parker. I mean Parker is just kind of an asshole in the whole movie, not the reject nerdy outcast. He's a douche. Lizard's face? Could not deal with that head, totally the Mario Bros. koopa head. Taking your mask off for the kid? Awesome scene? Taking it off/having it removed the other 2 or 3 times? Pretty dumb. And he wasn't even the BIG hero at the end, Captain Stacy is. Also, big laugh at Connors grabbing Spiderman and all "omg dont you fall and die on me I need redemption" when all Spidey has to do is oh I don't know TOUCH THE GLASS AND STICK TO IT THEN MAKE A SMARTASS QUIP TO CONNORS because that would actually make sense.
                      While I respectfully disagree re: this movie vs. the Raimi flicks, the rest of this post I more or less agree with. Again, hopefully the sequel is far better.
                      Last edited by Timothy225; 03-05-2013, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post

While I respectfully disagree re: this movie vs. the Raimi flicks, the rest of this post I more or less agree with. Again, hopefully the sequel is far better.

Comment

• I want that litebrite jacket.

In lieu of that happening, Electro should wear it. And it should just be a ridiculous rehash of Arnold's Running Man rogue's gallery that Spidey has to fight.

Yeah. Shit'd be awesome.

Final boss: The phantasmal form of Bonesaw McGraw.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• yessssssssssssss

Comment

• Mechanical web shooters for LYFE you guys

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                Mechanical web shooters for LYFE you guys

Comment

Working...
                                X