X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big-ass eyes are awesome.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Hoping the cartoon look reflects them knocking off the "Diet Nolan" tone from the first film.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• That looks light years better than the redesign/basketball suit from the recent reboot/reimagining/redux. Why the fuck they didn't just do that the first time around baffles me.

Incidentally, Starz is running ASM this weekend, so I'll finally watch this thing.

Comment

• Shit, Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn? Not too shabby at all!

http://www.slashfilm.com/chris-coope...-green-goblin/
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Waiting for Jamie to come in here and shit on the movie still...They are getting quite the cast set up...
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• but for reals, he better not put on the suit or anything at least until the very end or something. 3 villains is too many villains.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                but for reals, he better not put on the suit or anything at least until the very end or something. 3 villains is too many villains.
                Totally. And they should use that suit design that's been floating around the interwebs for a while. That animatronic mask thing.

Comment

• I'd be in fucking heaven. That mask test is still fucking awesome.

Comment

• It really was perfect.

Comment

I'd be in fucking heaven. That mask test is still fucking awesome.
                      It was neat and all, but still unnecessary when you just look at Dafoe's mug. All he needed was some fucking face paint.

Tex Richman as Osborn is cool.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Waiting for Jamie to come in here and shit on the movie still...They are getting quite the cast set up...
                        *Unzips pants*
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• What we've seen assembled in the last few weeks suggests they know The Amazing Spider-Man was crap and they are making a real attempt at a good Spider-Man movie.

The new suit looks great and the new additions are quite capable in that "acting department." Concerned its gonna be overstuffed Spider-Man 3 style. But I am optimistic. Very much so.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Watched ASM last night... and I was disappoint.

To be fair, there were parts of the flick that were pretty good - the action/fight scenes were nicely orchestrated and had a decent flow to them. The CGI is much improved than it was back in Raimi's day, too - got nice bits of vertigo from the final battle on top of Oscorp.

Acting was good for the most part - like Anderson said, Stone, Sheen, Field were on their game (Stone would've been great as MJ as opposed to Gwen, as Stone has MJ's vibe down both on and off screen, where as Gwen always seemed more plain and less vivacious in the comics. Just sayin'), Garfield just looked... off. Don't get me wrong, he is a very good actor, but he just wasn't thrilling me here.

Webb's directing was only OK in this - the film didn't really flow for some reason, but I can't lay all the blame on him for that. The problem is in the writing; the story was not engaging to me at all, it lacked the heart and emotional grabs that the first two Raimi films had (was not feeling the Gwen/Peter romance at all), and the emo shit that was geared to tap into the Twilight fanbase was totally unnecessary here (if they excised the origin, punched up the script a bit and rethought some of the characters, it could have been a decent continuation of the Raimi franchise, just with different actors in the roles, like they change up James Bond every so often). And plot holes - did anyone associated with the writing ever READ a Spider-Man comic? For example, the final bit between Connors and Parker on the Oscorp tower loses it's oomph when you realize Parker can STICK TO FUCKING WALLS.

Also, I'm SO fucking tired of seeing a superhero who's supposed to have a secret identity showing his unmasked face in every other scene. Yeah, you're trying to get the Twihards to see Garfield as the next Pattinson, we get it, but c'mon already. Who in this movie DOESN'T know Peter is Spider-Man here? And don't get me started on the Stacy extended family who served no purpose at all.

I really, really hope Sony learned from this flick and makes massive improvements to the sequel (the redesigned, Rami-esque suit is a HUGE step in the right direction, as the suit in ASM just looked awful onscreen. Don't get me started on the LED webshooters - he hides that shit in his costume for a reason, Sony!). Otherwise, sell the rights back to Marvel and let Disney go whole hog and show 'em how a reboot is done.

This film makes me appreciate Spider-Man 3. Just sayin'.

Comment

• I caught the first hour and so far I am digging it a ton. Sheen/Fields are good, Sheen really is just killing it until Ben gets done. Garfield is a MUCH better Spiderman than Tobey was. I'll try to finish it up this week.

Comment

• SM3 being better than ASM? No way.

ASM works precisely becuase the casting is perfect. Raimi was fucked the moment he got Maguire/Dunst as the leads. And SM3 brings that to the forefront when you see Topher outacting Maguire which made me want to see Topher as Parker from the getgo.

Comment

Working...
                                X