• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Viet, my boxers just exploded.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
      Tohper Grace should have been Spider Man since day one.
      Absolutely.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
        Mila Kunis could have played Black Cat. Her superpower is making my boxer's explode.
        Definitely.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
          And Kurtwood Smiff should have been Uncle Ben.

Seriously. The easy metajoke is already there.

*GUNSHOT*

*Peter runs frantically to the side of his uncle*

"Nice going, dumbass."

Fuck it, they should have just used the whole 70's Show cast as the principles.
          If Ashton Kutcher played the Green Goblin, I would have torched the theater.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

So May and Ben = Sally Field and Martin Sheen. Ooooooooooooookay.

http://www.collider.com/2010/11/04/s...er-man-reboot/

Comment

It's not fair to the new guys but I'm going to have a hard time watching this and not thinking "this is like a cover band trying too hard".

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                So May and Ben = Sally Field and Martin Sheen. Ooooooooooooookay.

http://www.collider.com/2010/11/04/s...er-man-reboot/

This isn't the end of the casting announcements. They've got big shit lined up for the finale.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

For what is supposed to be a lower budget affair they sure are putting some huge ass names around an unknown (more or less) Peter Parker. Any idea how Jameson casting is going, Anderson? I would dig seeing John Slattery take it on.

Comment

I'm going to miss Elizabeth Banks as Betty Brant:

I liked her - she was sassy!

Anywho, I'm not bummed at all by the casting of Aunt May and Uncle Ben. Solid choices, but it all hinges on their on-screen chemistry for their performances to work.

Can't wait to hear who's next on the casting announcements - Mary Jane? Who the big bad guy will be?

Also, I watched Rob's link to Andrew Garfield performances - great stuff, but I really, really don't know if I'll buy him as a high school kid - looks a bit too old. College guy, yes, absolutely. They should have cast younger (fuck, the Potter films wrapped up and there's a couple of guys there who turned in solid performances that are looking for jobs now).

Comment

• If there ever was going to be a live action Cowboy Bebop movie. Elizabeth Banks would have been perfect as Faye Valentine.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• It's not low-budget and the last rewrite pegs them as being at Empire State University.

It's supposed to be college.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Really? Welly well well, then! I'd heard it was supposed to be high school so they could get that 'tweener/Twilight crowd, but I'm happy they're setting it at ESU. Most of the cool stuff in the comics happened during Parker's college years (he was only in high school for the first 28 issues of Amazing Spider-Man. Bow before my geek knowledge!).

Hope this means we get the Lizard, whether Baker's back or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                            Really? Welly well well, then! I'd heard it was supposed to be high school so they could get that 'tweener/Twilight crowd, but I'm happy they're setting it at ESU. Most of the cool stuff in the comics happened during Parker's college years.

Hope this means we get the Lizard, whether Baker's back or not.

You're really out of the loop, aren't you?

Rhys Ifans will be Curt Connors / The Lizard.

Osborn and Brock show up in the script, but no villain turnarounds for them.

Comment

• Yes, I are - did not know about the Lizard, nor did I know they were setting this during Parker's ESU years. Thanks for the info, and I'm now a bit more interested in seeing this!

Comment

• College now instead of high school? Well then I have no problem with Garfield.

Comment

Working...
                                X