No announcement yet.

SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, NON MARVEL SPIDEY DOES WHAT A SPIDER CAN IF SONY LETS HIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They should make this Spiderman Ben Reilly (sp? fuck if I care) then in a few movies down the road he meets Tobey Mcguire Spiderman and they cry.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• hahahah
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
        Or at the very least sent up.

There should be a protective paper bag underneath the first mask. With another mask underneath.
        There was at least a couple times back in the '80's where Peter did the paper bag mask, if I remember correctly. It would be great to see that in a movie.

I actually liked this new trailer but, man, everything else up to this point has made my inner fanboy cry "Rape!"

Comment

• I don't get that to be honest. The first one is great for the first hour, the second is great anytime Mary Jane isn't in the picture and Doc Ock is on screen, and the third one is good when Emo Parker shows up, Topher makes a quip, and the stuff with Franco eating pie.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• And for the record, I do think Spider-Man 2 is pretty great, but if we can get some more Spidey action I'm all for it. I just think the origin stuff is totally played out.

Comment

• With Rob. Fuck origin stories, otherwise this looks great. Only thing I'm kind of eh on is that Garfield looks too cool as Peter, but I don't care because he looks PERFECT as Spidey. All this RAPE shit is dumb. It's a comic movie. New writers/artists take over the books all the goddamn time. Why should movies be different? I'd rather have a continuous stream of movies with awesome characters than long ass droughts. You'll have some duds, you'll have some middle of the road stuff, and some will knock it out of the park, just like the actual comics.

Comment

• my brosef

Comment

• I'm most annoyed about the origin thing. I was really hoping for a 4th movie with the Lizard (DYLAN BAKER) that didn't have to retread old ground. When a new creative team jumps on a book they don't just hit the reset button.

And the original costume is perfect. There's no need to ever change it. I am glad they are honoring Peter's science-y side with the mechanical web shooters, though.

Comment

• I still think web shooters are the dumbest fucking things ever. He's Spider-Man. Webs are the number one thing you think of with spiders. I still don't get why him being able to shot webz wasn't part of the original character.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                      And for the record, I do think Spider-Man 2 is pretty great, but if we can get some more Spidey action I'm all for it. I just think the origin stuff is totally played out.
                      You. Me. Ssssssssame.

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      I'm most annoyed about the origin thing. I was really hoping for a 4th movie with the Lizard (DYLAN BAKER) that didn't have to retread old ground. When a new creative team jumps on a book they don't just hit the reset button.

And the original costume is perfect. There's no need to ever change it. I am glad they are honoring Peter's science-y side with the mechanical web shooters, though.
                      Troof to all of the above, especially the costume. I do understand WHY they'd want to do it (gotta move them toys and shit), but apart from that, there was no NEED to do it. Oh, they could tweak it here and there, sure, but it's a classic design that was damn near perfect when it came out of Ditko's brain. The suit in the Maguire version was great - just tweak it slightly, give it to Garfield. I DEMAND WEBBING UNDER HIS ARMPITS, LIKE DITKO INTENDED.

ETA: Tired of the origin stuff, too. It's been done, we all saw it, just continue the story with Garfield as Parker, Stone as MJ (C'mon! She looks far more like MJ than Dunst ever did, plus she's got MJ's spunk), and bring back Baker as Curt Connors/Lizard. Man paid his dues, he deserves his moment, blast it!

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      I still think web shooters are the dumbest fucking things ever. He's Spider-Man. Webs are the number one thing you think of with spiders. I still don't get why him being able to shot webz wasn't part of the original character.
                      Stan Lee said way back when the first flick hit the screen he didn't even think of it. He wishes he did, otherwise he would've put it in. Depending on who you talk to, there's some controversy over who actually came up with Spider-Man, as Jack Kirby had a kind of similar character on deck that had a web gun, and it's not 100% sure Stan didn't riff off of that (they did need a visual/character element to show how smart Peter Parker really was, and for him to whip up web shooters would go a long way to accomplishing that. Plus, heightened drama, too. There's tons of comics where Spidey runs out of web fluid, leading to more anxiety if he was going to still save the day or not without his webs). Personally, I dug the organic webshooters myself, and thought it was a terrific idea.
                      Last edited by Timothy225; 05-10-2012, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Really, he didn't even think of it being organic? That's insane. Stan Lee was drinking too much original recipe Coke.

Comment

• Hey, he didn't even think Spider-Man was going to be around after Amazing Fantasy #15. It was the last issue of the comic, they needed a story to fill up some pages, that was it. He thought no more about the character until the sales reports came in, and everyone at the Bullpen shit their pants and got Amazing Spider-Man #1 in production.

Comment

• I wish the webs came out of his butt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                              I wish the webs came out of his butt.
                              I love you, man...
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Would've made the action figures far more interesting, let me tells ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X