No announcement yet.

SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, NON MARVEL SPIDEY DOES WHAT A SPIDER CAN IF SONY LETS HIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why wait until July when I can not give a shit right now?
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Those quotes aren't helping Webb.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
        Why wait until July when I can not give a shit right now?
        Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
        Those quotes aren't helping Webb.
        Agreed on both. If anything, it's going to make me want to watch the Raimi films yet again, read the comics from my collection, and wait for Webb's flick to hit cable.

Webb better pray like a mofo that this film delivers for Sony, because I can't see him pursuing his Spidey's parents storyline for future pics if this film tanks.

Oh, and for those of you interested... Spidey's parents?

Spoiler: SPIDEY SPOILER! 
        They were SHIELD/secret agents, per the comics.(Secret agents in Spider-Man Annual #5 from 1968, SHIELD agents who rescued Wolverine from Untold Tales of Spider-Man #-1, 1997)

Comment

• Which would be awesome if we could get all of the goddamn properties under one studio or if they would share like Roger Rabbit.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Give 'em time. It'll happen eventually. Just gotta wait for the right deals to be made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
              Which would be awesome if we could get all of the goddamn properties under one studio or if they would share like Roger Rabbit.

Roger Rabbit was a once in a lifetime happening. It would be nice if it happened again, but that's just not where any studio is at currently.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I'm aware of that. That's why it doesn't' matter who the fuck Parker's parents are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                  I'm aware of that. That's why it doesn't' matter who the fuck Parker's parents are.

SHIELD Agents who met Wolverine before the adamantium, but they died.

Parker's real parents are May and Ben. For realz, yo'. It's called established character development.

But, if you keep changing the basic story elements every few decades, you can ignore the creative rights that reverted back to the original artists.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                    SHIELD Agents who met Wolverine before the adamantium, but they died.

Parker's real parents are May and Ben. For realz, yo'. It's called established character development.

But, if you keep changing the basic story elements every few decades, you can ignore the creative rights that reverted back to the original artists.
                    Case in point...

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      Millar still catches shit for it, but with some tweaking...it could've worked.

Comment

• that whole book sounds terribad.

Comment

• As an off-the-wall teen romance, it's not too bad. When you realize they tried to shoehorn it into Spider-Man's origin, it's a bad idea on the same level as... well....

Comment

• What the fuck is that comic?

Comment

• a bad idea?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                What the fuck is that comic?

It was a noble effort towards the end of the Marvel Revival of 01-04. They were going to start doing more than superhero comics and they figured that romance comics could penetrate the book market a little better.

But, Jemas wasn't paying attention and Millar tried to tie it back to Spidey.

A year later, Jemas is gone and Millar is junk deep in The Ultimates.

Comment

Working...
                                X