X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooray for computar grafix.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/er9_EatHNQg" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IGygx4-1iys" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-WEWmmFfWtU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sony really has seemingly thrown in the towel with their choices of clips in addition to the legendary "PETER VS. THE DOORMAN!" one.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• None of the clips were blowing any winds up my skirt. The clip with the web shooters (why the fuck are they lighting up? Is that necessary?) shows me how constricting and plastic/rubbery the new costume looks. The mask just isn't working for me.

Clip #2 in the subway didn't do much either - what the hell's the deal with the hero exposing his identity at the drop of a hat?

Third clip has some potential, but Garfield looks stiff as a board (yeah, I get he's supposed to be half-asleep, and that hairdo of his ain't doing him any favors). Also, why didn't he say anything when all that shit was breaking and sticking to him? Even a "whoa!" or a "Jeez!" would've helped sell the scene.

Comment

• There was a way to reboot this in a way that didn't have to retread the origin and replicate the look/feel of the Raimi trilogy. They just decided not to do it.

Beside the big press release splash of announcing Garfield, can't think of a single smart thing Sony has done to sell this.
          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Wonder if we're looking at another John Carter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              Wonder if we're looking at another John Carter?
              This will lose money, but it won't be the huge write off that JOHN CARTER is.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I still like that first clip.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Not that bad. But yeah...not good either.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Re: the first clip, Garfield does have the Spidey patter down, but it went on a bit too long, almost to the point of assholery.

Matt and Jamie are probably right that the flick won't lose as much $$$ as John Carter did, but I still think this film will likely be mentioned along with JC as being a disappointment when all's said and done for the year from a business perspective. Then watch as folks come out wailing about the death of superhero flicks, etc.

Comment

• I'll be on the other side of that argument. This film is gonna make bank. Kids love Spiderman. Nerds may not see it, but (ANECDOTE TIME!) all of my younger siblings cannot wait for this.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Its going to struggle to $200 million. Momentum (Read: goodwill) is gone after 3 and remaking the first movie isn't sitting well with most. As for kids, Ice Age 4, and G.I. Joe 2, will steal his thunder right before Dark Knight Rises walks up and ass-rams the spider. I remember hearing "Kids will totally see a ______ movie!" when Superman Returns and Batman Begins were opening... and that didn't mean anything.
                        Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 04-03-2012, 08:15 AM.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Oh, it'll make money, no doubt at all about that, but like Jamie said, it won't have as easy a ride as the Raimi films. I doubt it'll be as profitable as Sony hopes it will be (can't see too many folks rushing out to see this flick more than once in theaters), except maybe in the merchandising areas. Even then, though, kids might not snap up as much Spidey stuff as in the past.

Plus, Jamie mentions Dark Knight Rises will likely dominate it's opening weekend, which will absolutely affect the Spidey film's gross. Also forgot about Ice Age 4 and GI Joe 2 coming out around the same time - those flicks will also compete for the bucks, meaning Spidey's got a lot of work ahead of it.

Comment

• I just like to be on the other side of an argument, even if I'm wrong haha.

I still say this won't tank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                              I just like to be on the other side of an argument, even if I'm wrong haha.

I still say this won't tank.
                              I agree. It was made for pretty cheap, and has Emma Stone. And it's Spidey. It will profit from the theatrical run. Add in all the promotional shit and you'll have money in the bank.

Comment

• They still spent $200 million+ making this. Not like they're making Smallville here. Money got spent.

It absolutely won't tank, you're right, and there will be a sequel because Sony wants to keep it off the Mouse's white-gloved paws. A very bumpy road ahead.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X