Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
    too expensive and far away.
    Fair enough. Our IMAX is like $5 more than regular tickets, and like two blocks from me. When something special is there I love going, but god that theater is the shallow end of the gene pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Again, a fair statement...especially with the 'Batman Begins' comment.

However, 'Batman Begins' looked like an entirely new take on the origin of Batman. It didn't bear any kind of resemblance to the Tim Burton franchise at all...it looked tonally different, the story looked different, and there had been sufficient time between the Burton films to feel like 'yeah, we can start over again'.

To me, this new Spiderman looks very, very similar to the Raimi one. I'm not seeing anything new, and it doesn't feel fresh.
      Thanks again, Matt. You're right about Batman Begins. It was clear before going in that it wasn't like what went before, but just how different it was to its predecessors only became apparent when it was unveiled. That's the main thing I took away from the Comic Con reports about The Amazing Spider-Man; what we've seen so far is how malleable marketing can make a film. Of course, they're going to want to pull in the biggest possible audience. But that's not to say they aren't going to freshen the familiar... even a little.

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
      Have to go with Matt on this one, though Bobby did raise some valid points to back his take.... I hope it does turn out to be a good flick - but I'm just not feeling it.
      Thanks, bud! I can understand people not being head over heels about this film so far. Every complaint raised has been a valid one. Who knows, maybe they released the teaser they did as a way of addressing the "origin again" issue right off the bat? A kind of get it out of the way approach, since they had to know it would potentially turn fans against it. Films and novels and pretty much any form of storytelling paces the release of information, so maybe this marketing campaign is following that template to a very strict extent, hitting us with the "Act One" part first, before following it up with an obstacle-laden Second Act trailer?

My snowballing and wishful thinking for this film, it continues.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• People were laughing at the trailer in my theater...
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• GAH!

Martin, please don't tell me that kind of thing. No good can come of it.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Definitely groans when the teaser played. But laughter? Didn't hear that.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I had laughter and groans in my theater. Sorry.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Like I said. They're not going to have Star Trek 2 kicking them in the nuts as an excuse next JuneJuly.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Argh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                    Argh.
                    Fuck the haters Bobby. WE KNOW

Comment

• <div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:704023/cp~vid%3D704023%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.c om%3A704023" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Get More: <a href="http://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Trailers</a>, <a href="http://moviesblog.mtv.com/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movies Blog</a></p></div></div>
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                        <embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:704023/cp%7Evid%3D704023%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv .com%3A704023" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" base="." flashvars="" height="288" width="512">
                        I like it. And I still can't believe that's the fucking guy from 'Twin Town'.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• baller
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Bullshit or not?
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• At this point I wouldn't be surprised.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X