No announcement yet.

SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, NON MARVEL SPIDEY DOES WHAT A SPIDER CAN IF SONY LETS HIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Matt. Maybe people who know more than me about the film are entitled to hate it. I don't know. I haven't read the script (nor do I want to without seeing the film.) As it stands, I find it hard to believe that not one person involved in the making of this massive motion picture would think "hang on, people aren't gonna love this if it's exactly the same as the first origin. We better make it different somehow." Batman Begins, anyone?
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Again, a fair statement...especially with the 'Batman Begins' comment.

However, 'Batman Begins' looked like an entirely new take on the origin of Batman. It didn't bear any kind of resemblance to the Tim Burton franchise at all...it looked tonally different, the story looked different, and there had been sufficient time between the Burton films to feel like 'yeah, we can start over again'.

To me, this new Spiderman looks very, very similar to the Raimi one. I'm not seeing anything new, and it doesn't feel fresh.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Just show me The Lizard and it'll go from "eh" to "yes" or vice-versa.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• You have your IMAX 3D, Rob, stop flip flopping!

Comment

• I've never paid for an IMAX flick and this won't get me to do that. However, I just want something better than SM3. The fact he'll actually be wise-cracking is good, but I need more. However, I still thought the trailer was decent.

TL;DR

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I regret not doing the legit IMAX thing for Batmeng: CHICAGO!

3D can go rimjob Ego The Living Planet for all it is worth.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                To me, this new Spiderman looks very, very similar to the Raimi one. I'm not seeing anything new, and it doesn't feel fresh.
                This pretty much explains my abivalence.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• And no me.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by J.Jonah Jameson View Post
                    3D can go rimjob Ego The Living Planet for all it is worth.
                    Just because you're a cyclops doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't be able to enjoy AWESOME NEATO TECHNOLOGY.

Comment

• I agree with Ebert in regards to 3D. I really REALLY do not give a shit.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Cheap thrills have their place.

I have no problem with the conveyance of depth as is.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Have to go with Matt on this one, though Bobby did raise some valid points to back his take.

The Raimi flicks (with some exception in the case of SM 3) were damn close to perfect as far as Spider-Man goes. Raimi was a fan of the character, you could feel it in the tone of the flicks - Raimi hued as close to the comics as he could in a lot of respects; hell the damn flicks LOOKED like comic panels/pages in the ways they were lit, staged, planned, etc. The actors had some great chemistry, the pacing was pretty good, the special effects took everything up a notch, etc. In short, these were labors of love to Raimi, only for the shit to hit the fan when SM 3 got mired in behind-the-scenes politics, leading Raimi to walk on a fourth go round.

This reboot doesn't seem to have the same heart as the Raimi flicks did. So far, I must add, if only to be fair that we've only seen some pics and a trailer at this point. Based on what I have seen to date, this flick seems to be pandering to demographics as opposed to the established fanbase, who likely will spend the $$$ to see it regardless. Parker's as emo as fuck, the tone/lighting in the trailer is dark - all to get that big Twilight fanbase to check it out. I'd be very surprised to learn that the director was a hardcore fan of the comics from way back when like Raimi was.

I hope it does turn out to be a good flick - but I'm just not feeling it.

Comment

• Wait, Rob, you love 3D but haven't done an IMAX or IMAX 3D? Why not? I love IMAX to death, Dark Knight was killer on IMAX, and I dig going to see the IMAX education stuff as well. I think it's a much more enjoyable "gimmick" than 3D. I'm really shocked you don't go to IMAX all the time.

Comment

• too expensive and far away.

Comment

• I'd hit IMAX all the time if it were available in my area. Checked it out in NYC, and WOW. Very hard to go back to a regular theatre.

Comment

Working...
                                X