No announcement yet.

SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, NON MARVEL SPIDEY DOES WHAT A SPIDER CAN IF SONY LETS HIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garfield was fan-fucking-tastic in Boy A and The Social Network. He's similar to Tobey in that he was a dependably solid character-actor before landing the Webhead gig. He'll do a fine job as Spidey.

But I think he's fucked because he suffers from "new guy syndrome." Being the first actor on the big screen to follow in the popular guy's foot-steps. Same thing as Routh (who was great as Superman) and Lazenby (also great as Bond - yeah...I said it. Suck my dick you too!)
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I can understand that if there was some serious heat behind this franchise. You'd have a Lazenby if say Garfield showed up for Spider-Man 2. But this is more of a Superman Returns issue where the forces around Garfield are creating this amount of indiffference.

I bet Garfield will be perfectly fine as Spider-man.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
        But I think he's fucked because he suffers from "new guy syndrome." Being the first actor on the big screen to follow in the popular guy's foot-steps. Same thing as Routh (who was great as Superman) and Lazenby (also great as Bond - yeah...I said it. Suck my dick you too!)
        Lazenby wasn't great as Bond, but he wasn't terrible either. He's stiff and awkward in spots, and his delivery is sometimes shaky. He had the look and could have developed quite easily into GREAT, though. Indeed, he has moments in OHMSS that are fantastic from a pure 'acting' standpoint. It's too bad that he's been unjustly written off in the Bond pantheon, but even HE will admit that his 'failure' was largely of his own making.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Ed nailed it - again, I don't have any problems with Garfield in the role at all (just tame that poofy hairdo, son!), and I know he can act based on reviews of his work (have yet to see Boy A and Red Riding 1974, and Never Let Me Go. MUST WATCH MOAR MOVIES!), but I think he's getting some unfair bashing by association.

Another part of the problem is that, IMO, it's probably a bit too soon for a reboot of the franchise for a lot of folks. Maybe if there was more down time with the franchise, a reboot would be more palatable.

Oh, and nothing but love for Lazenby as Bond. Matt and Jamie are on the right track - I think his stiffness was he still wasn't comfortable stepping into Connery's shoes and all that would entail beyond the franchise. I'm sure if he'd had gotten a second chance at the role, he'd have loosened up.

Comment

• On the other hand, Cavill has the benefit of someone else having been "the new guy." So I fully expect him to be embraced by the public as Superman.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• It'll probably all boil down to how he looks in the suit - if he LOOKS like Superman, he's set. I remember all the hoopla that came out when Routh was first shown in the suit, but in his defense (and Garfiled's as well, 'cause that's where most of his derision seems to lie), more scorn was cast at the actual design of the suit rather than the guy in the suit.

Comment

• I think Jamie said it some time ago that, Lazenby would have owned in Diamonds are Forever.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                  I think Jamie said it some time ago that, Lazenby would have owned in Diamonds are Forever.
                  Considering how absolutely bored Connery is in the film, ANYONE ELSE would have owned in the role. That was strictly a paycheck gig for him and he phoned it in all the way. TERRIBLE film. Jill St. John is the only redeeming feature in the film.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Yeah after On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Diamonds are always going to be a more frothy/fun affair. Lazenby would have handled the wackier aspects of the franchise (Moonraker, Octopussy) better than Moore.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I don't know...OHMSS is more akin to the the Dalton era/vibe than the Moore era/vibe. I could TOTALLY see Lazenby in 'The Living Daylights' and knocking it out of the park, for instance.

Comment

• Agreed.

Lazenby had that latent cruel streak that a Bond really needs. Dalton showed it in spots. The only time Bronson showed it was when the banker died in TWINE. He glances at the camera, and gives an "I will dine on your offspring!" look.

Craig has it, too... and he knows it.

Comment

• It appears from those new set photos Spider-Man is fighting crotch-rot in addition to the Lizard and teen angst.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The reboot must have a scene where Jameson screams, "STUPID, SEXY SPIDEY"

Oh wait. He's not in it. Fucked you, missed-opportunity!
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-_HjUpQQyqY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                                X