No announcement yet.

Captain America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to pull virtually every Marvel comic. At least Heroes Reborn got me to stop being a whore for Marvel.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I collected comic books all through the 80s and into the early 90s. I still have (almost) all of them tagged and bagged into those familiar white boxes down in my basement. If memory serves, I've got a complete run of Uncanny X-Men from roughly 110 through the low 300s or so.

I got bored with most of the superhero crap in the early 90s and went over to Vertigo. I have complete runs of Sandman and Preacher (including many autographed Sandman comics from Neil Gaiman, nice guy), but I pretty much lost all interest once Preacher ended.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Remember all those X-Men limited series? Beauty and the Beast. Shadowcat and Wolverine, Iceman, etc? I have every single one. Sigh.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
          Remember all those X-Men limited series? Beauty and the Beast. Shadowcat and Wolverine, Iceman, etc? I have every single one. Sigh.

I fucking loved the Kitty Pryde and Wolverine one. That mini is what helped to make me a Shadowcat fan.

Fuck Joss Whedon so hard in the neck for what he did to her. God, I hate that bastard so much.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• LOVE the 'Wolverine', 'Kitty Pryde and Wolverine' (although I have some issues with the art), and the 'Punisher' limited series. My favorite was the 'Longshot' one, though. He's probably still my favorite Marvel Universe character...although I understand that they've hosed him with the Ultimates.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              LOVE the 'Wolverine', 'Kitty Pryde and Wolverine' (although I have some issues with the art), and the 'Punisher' limited series. My favorite was the 'Longshot' one, though. He's probably still my favorite Marvel Universe character...although I understand that they've hosed him with the Ultimates.

The Ultimate line is fucked beyond repair. Thank you very much, Kirkman and Loeb.

Longshot could still come back in the Marvel Universe. Matt Fraction brought back Dazzler and made her relevant.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by DON RICKLES UP IN THIS BITCH View Post
                I fucking loved the Kitty Pryde and Wolverine one. That mini is what helped to make me a Shadowcat fan.

Fuck Joss Whedon so hard in the neck for what he did to her. God, I hate that bastard so much.
                I probably don't want to know what he did to her. I loved her way back when she was "Sprite."

Comment

I probably don't want to know what he did to her. I loved her way back when she was "Sprite."

He wrote her for 25 issues like really bad Buffy fan-fic. Then, he had her phase into the middle of some sort of alien WMD and become stuck. If she leaves it, the WMD goes off.

Plus, Whedon fucking sucks. If I could spend forever kicking him in the junk, I would.

Also, Marvel really doesn't want him for the Avengers flick...they're just tossing out names. At best, he'll write a draft of the script.

Comment

• WHAT? So they left her there? Seriously? Where do I turn in my fucking Brown coat?

Comment

• This has been very enlightening. Thank you, Troy.

Comment

WHAT? So they left her there? Seriously? Where do I turn in my fucking Brown coat?

She's been left there. Why? Well, because Joe Quesada wants Whedon to return and write the X-Folk some day.

Comment

WHAT? So they left her there? Seriously? Where do I turn in my fucking Brown coat?
                          Good news! Apparently she's back, just intangible, for now.

Anyways, all this info on the Cap movie has me eager to see pics of how Cap's going to look in the movie. While not my first choice (I was holding out for Aaron Eckhart) I want to see how Chris Evans looks in the red,white, and blues.

Comment

• My Captain. Tell me Ed, that you would not do dirty things to this man?

Comment

• I guess he's ok but I still picture Captain America being a bit more seasoned than that. it could be worse.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Remember he starts off slight. Apparently he's been pumping up to prep for the role.

Comment

Working...
                                X