The A-Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The A-Team

Mr T's jeans may be a more modern cut and Faceman looks a little slicker in a suit, but the A-Team is most definitely back - and a plan is once again coming together.

This is the first official promotional shot from the new remake of the iconic '80s TV series.

Led by a silver-haired Liam Neeson as Colonel John 'Hannibal' Smith, the modern A-Team is a group of hardened Iraq War veterans trying to clear their name with the U.S. military after being framed for a crime.

Early shots from filming in Vancouver, Canada, suggest their latest outing will be every bit as action packed as their exploits 30 years ago.

BA Barackus, now played by UFC fighter Quentin Jackson, Faceman, played by Hangover star Bradley Cooper and Murdock, played by South African actor Sharlto Copey are joined by Jessica Beil as an army general in hot pursuit.

After a year of fierce arguments among fans over who should replace the original line-up and whether a remake should be filmed at all, the production appears to be sticking to the programme's trademark style.

There are some minor tweaks: Murdock, the 'mad dog' soldier of fortune, is treated to a new cap and smarter leather jacket while Hannibal's more mature look is brought up-to-date with a fresh outfit.

The Face also loses his dubious side parting in favour of a more ruffled hairstyle.

Early pictures from the film's Canadian set showed tantalising glimpses of the classic GMC van used by the A-Team in the 1980s programme.

One big thing appears to have changed, however. A helicopter spotted during filming suggests Mr T will overcome his legendary fear of flying - usually expressed through his characteristic 'I ain't gettin' on no plane, fool!'.

The film is directed by Joe Carnahan and produced by the Scott brothers, Ridley and Tony. It is set for release in the UK in late 2010.
    Last edited by PHEDG; 10-24-2009, 11:14 AM.

If you don't enlarge picture, Neeson looks EXACTLY like Peppard. It's almost creepy. I think Carnahan can do no wrong so I'm kind of excited for this one.

Comment

I'm just afraid by the Tony Scott aka The Overediting/stylizng King relation.

Hopefully Carnahan doesn't let him get his talons in it.

Comment

Why do we need this? Honest question.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I don't think we do I suppose.

I know I'll be thinking of Wikus Van De Merwe the whole time Murdock is on screen.

Comment

Yeah. I just don't get the love. I mean as a kid I dug it because of Mr. T. But the show wasn't that good.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

You didn't get anything out of them building shit? Like in a MacGuyver kind of way.

Comment

As a kid? No. I'd rather watch MacGuyver. I honestly only remember cars blowing up every episode and Mr. T all decked out in gold.

Comment

They had me at Jessica Beil. Truthfully I'm with Rob. Why the fuck do we need this movie. It's robbed me of seeing Rampage face rape Rashad Evans with his knuckles and for that it's instant lose.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Man. Who wrote the ad detail that Jeff posted? Tim Gunn?
                    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

And it's "I ain't getting on no plane Hannibal.". Movie will either be surprisingly fun OR be the shit it looks like.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

i think it was http://www.dailymail.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                          They had me at Jessica Beil. Truthfully I'm with Rob. Why the fuck do we need this movie. It's robbed me of seeing Rampage face rape Rashad Evans with his knuckles and for that it's instant lose.

I would have to disagree sir. I think that Rashad would win in that fight. Rampage had a hard time with Forrest. What makes you think he could beat Evans? And do we need to start a MMA thread?

Comment

We have an mma thread. And I really don't care who would win with Evans/Rampage. I just want to see one of them get the shit beat out of them.

Comment

I expect automatic boners the minute the theme song hits.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                              X