No announcement yet.

The Crazies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was pretty fucking great. Olyphant rocked this shit. The bigger budget helped this movie and some of the deaths were awesome
      Spoiler: spoilers 
    most notably the knife in the hand through the neck

Highly entertaining, will be purchasing this day one.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Hell yeah! Glad to hear that. Totally buying this day one as well. Which can't get here soon enough since the old lady won't go see "scary" movies with me.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Fuck yeah, can't wait to see this hungover tomorrow.

Seth Bullock's gonna cockpunch nutbars!
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

They show way too much in the trailers. I know how it ends already and I didn't even read it.

Comment

Just got back from watching this - I did like it, there's a lot of shock moments, but there's quite a few head scratchers re: character actions as well.
              Spoiler: SPOILER! 
            If you've gone to a fuckton of effort to find your wife, and you love her as much as you say you do, why the FUCK do you keep putting her in harm's way by telling her to stay put and/or seperating from her while you go check shit out? Why not take her with you so you can cover each other's asses?
            Solid performances all around, though.

As for the gore factor, this one isn't as graphic as most (lots of blood everywhere, not so much severed limbs or entrails, or shit like that). Pacing was good, story flowed nicely, but the finale and ending was telegraphed from far away.

I'll wait for everyone else to see it to go into detail.

Comment

There really is no way for the ending to NOT happen IMO. The first trailer shows the fucking ending for example. I just enjoyed the tension and THE OLYPHANT!
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Hansel View Post
                There really is no way for the ending to NOT happen IMO. The first trailer shows the fucking ending for example. I just enjoyed the tension and THE OLYPHANT!
                Re: the ending - you're right, I'd only watched the trailer once (I just rewatched it - DJ was right, they pretty much show the whole film in it; could've saved myself $16 bucks), and forgot they showed part of the ending.

Comment

It's a good thing I totally whitewash my brain of trailers.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I wanted to see this but the weekend was so busy. Glad to hear it's great. Might try to grab a matinee Friday.

Comment

Really dug this film. It's fun and it made me jump several times. The car wash scene alone is a fucking classic. I had a few issues with it, like the fact that the crazies weren't all uniform with their symptoms. Also, when the sheriff did the
                        Spoiler: Kill Spoiler! 
                      hand-knife neck stab, he should have become affected within hours. After all, he mixed bloods with a crazy!

But other than that, really good horror flick.
                        Spoiler: End Spolier! 
                      The end nuke was really impressive too.
                      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

seeing this tonight. if i dont pee my pants from fear i will post my thoughts.

Comment

I had a blast with it. Have fun!

Comment

Hmm. I actually liked it. I may have gone into it thinking it was scarier than it actually was....which always makes it fun. I peeked through my fingers whenever I thought a jumpy part was about to happen.

I only wish one of the characters would have been replaced by a dog.

Comment

Working...
                            X