Inglorious Basterds SPOILERS INSIDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob View Post
    So was Donowitz the same Donowitz from True Romance?
    Apparently Donnie is the grandfather of the Donowitz in TR.
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
      OK, after reading the post release thread on CHUD for a while I've come to the conclusion that Landa definitely recognizes Shosanna at the restaurant. I didn't even get the whole non-kosher cream thing. That, along with the milk, the question he couldn't remember, and the fact that he put out his cigarette in the pastry all indicate that he knew exactly who she was. Besides, he was one helluva detective and I really doubt she could have gotten past him without him knowing.

But that leads to a million other questions, like why did he let her go? Was he planning on stopping her at the event? Did the Basterds disrput his plan? Did he want the herd of Nazis attending the screening to be killed? Fuck, I really need to see this again.
      I think that he suspected who she was and just toyed with her to get some sort of a reaction. By the end of the meal, he was sure of her identity and let her know this by 'forgetting' the question. I think that he decided to let her go in order to see what she would do at the premiere in her theater. He was fully confident that he could stop any plan that she would come up with, so he was using her for sport.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Look at the close up of the cream. Listen to him go on and on about how great the strudel is, only to put out his cigarette in it. There's no way he would have just forgot what he was going to ask her. He was too fucking good at what he did to simply forget a question. The fucker knew it was her, the question is what was he going to do with that knowledge.
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

How would he know though? He didn't see her face did he in the beginning?
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

That's what I was thinking and that's why I really want to watch the film again. He does ask her about how she obtained the theater, right? Maybe it was something in her response that he noticed. Maybe he got her description years ago when he first went to the farm house in Chapter 1. Maybe the whole scene was Tarantino fucking with us.

Comment

I saw it as a coincidence, but I know it's probably not. Another reason I love the movie.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I just figured it was a directorial flourish.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

One helluva fucking coincidence, but with Tarantino, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                    One helluva fucking coincidence, but with Tarantino, who knows?

well yeah.

Comment

He had obviously done a background check on her (knowing about the negro working for her clues you in on that), so he may have learned a few things that would have indicated that she 'suddenly' appeared in Paris 3 years ago. Looking at her hair and her body, he may have had a recollection of Shoshanna's appearance. The Strudel interview merely confirmed her identity to him.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Either way, I FUCKING LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!

Comment

I'm just happy there wasn't a fixation on feet.

And the fact that he casted really well for the Basterds. Not one of those guys didn't look jewish.

Hey, Ari. You gonna try and be Donowitz for Halloween?
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

There was still some foot fetish shots Ed. And it worked perfectly.

Comment

I'm gonna be the French Negro. Lucky fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                                I'm just happy there wasn't a fixation on feet.
                                Did you take a shit during the Landa vs Hammersmark scene? That was totally a Snow White/foot fetish scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X