Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much win. I feel vindicated. One of the best theater experiences I've had in a long time. The sense of depth was fantastic to the point where I totally forgot I was wearing the glasses and was just fully immersed into the world Cameron created. Was the story anything new? Not really, but it didn't bother me in the slightest because I bought into everything fully. Some of the best CG I've ever seen. Yeah, I'll be seeing this again in the theater, and I never do that. Also, Ribisi is the perfect new Paul Reiser.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

But the question is does it change movie making FOREVER?? Lol. All bs aside I want to see this soon.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Change it? No. Never thought it would. But he kinda brought "awe" back in my opinion. Just felt like a kid while watching it, which is nice. Yet it's not a kid's flick. Also, I want to bang a Na'vi.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

You didn't say it would change things forever, but Cameron did which is where the backlash for the movie started. That being said it does look like a cool flick and I want to see it soon.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I'm number one in the box office! What a twist!

Comment

Seeing James C.'s Avatar this morning with the wifey, as well as Ari and Sarah! Can't wait to see the glory of this film in it's sexy IMAX 3-Dness!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phat Dizaztr View Post
                I'm number one in the box office! What a twist!

I actually hope that movie is decent. I rather liked the series.
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Oh the anima was cool! But how many movies besides Dolph Lundgren's He-Man can we say kicked ass in the anima to live action genre? Haha He-Man the movie.

Comment

OK, the wife and I saw this in 3D this afternoon. We both really, really liked it, but felt that it could have easily had 20 minutes knocked out of it. The pace really needed to be picked up throughout the movie (yes, even in the final battle sequence). I'll need to dwell on it a bit more to decide if it's a movie that I ever need to see again, though.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Wow. This movie flew by for me. My only issue was that I wanted it on blu right after we left. The CGI was fucking phenomenal IMO. And this was probably the best use of 3d in a major motion picture yet. It didn't beat you over the head and for some reason I think that may work against it.

Comment

• Gonna go see this shit for free on Xmas Day.
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• I was very happy with the whole film! I wouldn't change shit. The 3D, CG, plot, pace, acting, dialog, and everything else was so well laid out IMO. I do disagree with you Rob I think the strong lack of real violence allows this to be a kids movie as much as Star Wars was for me when I was only 5 years old. Not comparing the two!

The submersive world that Cameron has created feels so real that you never question it. I found myself lost in the moon that they had landed on.

I hope they are working on a franchise here. I could see a whole new universe created from this mold. Fan-fucking-tastic movie! It would be a crime to leave this with just one movie. I demand a Squeakwel!

Comment

• After watching it for a second time, I found myself really getting emotional
                              Spoiler: Huge plot point! 
                            once the tree goes down. Fuck, the way Cameron captured the loss and pain in that scene absolutely kills me. Plus, the emotion that Neytiri shows is more powerful than most non-cgi actors could conjure up.

The second time flew by just as much as the first time did.
                            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Yeah. I got a bit choked up too. 'twas weird. The more I think about the movie the more I dig on it. I get all of the criticisms that people have but it just didn't bother me.

Comment

• The one thing that took me outta the movie everytime was the nerd avatar. We just kept picturing him in Grandma's Boy. "I am a robot..."

Comment

Working...
                                X