Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring it on down to Green Lanternville...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again I feel the need to state I don't think it's a good movie, however I enjoyed it.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
      Once again I feel the need to state I don't think it's a good movie, however I enjoyed it.
      So...it's your 'Cars', then.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Dude, it's no where near as bad as either of the FF movies. SRS.
        Actually, I'd say it's pretty close to FF2 levels.

It even has its own intergalactic fart cloud villain.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I gotta tell ya...these comparisons to FF2 are not selling me on the film. That was HORRID.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Granted you're a GL dork, but in terms of actual directing/acting, NO WHERE NEAR AS BAD.
            Martin Campbell is such a better director than Tim Story it's not even fair to use them in the same sentence. That's why this film's failure hurts so much more. All I want to do is crawl into a ball and play some Saints Row 2 so Puglet can play more backseat sex games.
            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              So...it's your 'Cars', then.
              Nah. I'd say "Dream a Little Dream" is my my "Cars"
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The Surfer deserved better.

The Corps deserved better.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I liked it more than Ghostrider!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                    Martin Campbell is such a better director than Tim Story it's not even fair to use them in the same sentence. That's why this film's failure hurts so much more. All I want to do is crawl into a ball and play some Saints Row 2 so Puglet can play more backseat sex games.
                    TONIGHT, WE BONE MERCILESSLY!!!
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I liked it more than Ghostrider!
                      If Nic Cage was also in GL it would be EPIC

Comment

So...this is sounding like the Martin Campbell equivalent of John McTiernan's 'Rollerball'...gotcha. Great source material totally fucked up in a way that only a talented director can to.

Comment

If he'd been cast as Sinestro, I'd be okay with it.

Or as Hammond's pop. Then we'd know where he got his latent neckbeard insanity from.

ETA: Rollerball is much worse. It is actively trying to make the audience throw anything not bolted down at it. GL is nowhere near as inspirational. For good or ill.
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-21-2011, 02:58 PM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                            Actually, I'd say it's pretty close to FF2 levels.

It even has its own intergalactic fart cloud villain.
                            The man's got a point there, Rob. This is more fun than those movies though, in all seriousness. And better crafted.

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                            I liked it more than Ghostrider!
                            Same here. This didn't have unintentional laughs (in fact, it was probably the quietest crowd I've watched a movie with in a long time) although it also failed to deliver legitimate laughs. I seem to remember Ghost Rider providing both, albeit on a slightly skewed ratio.

Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                            YES!

Cage as Hammond would have got me on the Big Head love train, too.

Who amongst us wouldn't want to see a massive noggin'd Cage sliding up to Blake Lively, having a good sniff of her, and whispering "I could eat a peach for hoooourrs" in her ear. That's good antagonism!
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I pray to God we'll see that test footage from Superman Lives one day. I have to see Cage in action in that role.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I still can't believe that pic of him in that plastic suit is real.

Comment

Working...
                                X