Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring it on down to Green Lanternville...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
    If the cover had a gimmick, I bought it.

I have a Superman comic with colorforms you can place all over the cover of Supes and Lobo.

Mother fuckin' COLORFORMS!!!!
    I have that comic signed. BOOYAH.

I AM THE REASON COMICS SUCK.

Every comic I still own? GIMMICK. CHROMIUM. SCRATCH AND SNIFF. HEAT SENSITIVE. I OWN IT.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Thought it was entertaining. Weird editing as scenes would just end or cut with no rhyme or reason. Tim Robbins = TOTALLY MISCAST. Entertaining but needed way more Kilowag. Hector was fucking hilariously awful but I still loved the shit outta him. Blake Lively is a non entity but hot, Reynolds worked for me (deal with it), and I loved the fight scenes. Strong was underused, the CG was pretty awesome in my opinion and I wouldn't be opposed to a ridiculous sequel.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Seriously, I want someone to cut every scene of Hector wailing into one giant uber cut. Hilarious.

Comment

• Also, didn't see it 3d as we have other plans and didn't have time. But yeah, the cg shit would probably look fucking AWESOME in 3d. Lots of cool shots.

Comment

• I thought the 3D was great and I'm a "Fuck 3D!" kinda guy.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Just got back from watching it. The Green Lantern fan in me expected more, but I didn't hate it. Ryan Reynolds did well, but it needed more Sinestro, or at least better scenes with Sinestro. The same with Amanda Waller, she was wasted. I liked Peter Sarsgaard hamming it up as Hector, but he was wasted as well. A lot of missed opportunities, the movie played it really safe. More space opera, less Earth based bullshit, next time. This should have been great

Shit, as I write, I like the movie a little less. Soon my dislike will turn to Anderson level hate for this film.

Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
              Thought it was entertaining. Weird editing as scenes would just end or cut with no rhyme or reason.
              Yeah, the editing was odd.
              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• $52.6 million estimates even with the 3D bump.

WB/DC Entertainment's asses must be throbbing right about now. Interesting to see who takes the hit for this.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• DC and WB are both prepping a statement for later tonight / early tomorrow. I got to hang out with some Marvel people this weekend at local con. They were having a ball with how bad it's going for DC.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• They still have The Dark Knight Rises and The Man of Steel next year. But again, that's Nolan & Co. and DC Entertainment won't be sticking their noses around those.

I'd still bet money we end up getting Batman Versus Superman with Bale and Cavill though.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                      They still have The Dark Knight Rises and The Man of Steel next year. But again, that's Nolan & Co. and DC Entertainment won't be sticking their noses around those.

I'd still bet money we end up getting Batman Versus Superman with Bale and Cavill though.

It's going to be Justice League before a World's Finest flick. Even with GL shitting the bed, WB will push hard on DC for the next two years. If they get no results, it'll go into the shitter.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Are they really doing that separate actors as Superman/Batman like Snyder said though? If so, did they learn nothing from the Justice League: Mortal fiasco?

Plus...you know...it's retarded to spend all that money selling Cavill as the new Supes and then turn around in another year with someone else in the suit and then two/three years later there's Cavill again in a Man of Steel sequel.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Saw it.

Some okay parts mixed in with a bunch of "what the fuck were they thinking?"

Reynolds was fine, Saarsgard was yellow ham, and the best aspects were left to fend for table scraps(Kilowog, Tomar Re, SINESTRO). Every bit on Oa post-Hal-visit was too far in the background for anyone to give a flying burrito brother about, especially since the personality of the entire principal lantern group was paper thin. Oh, Sinestro is there? Awesome. What's his story? Where's his fireside chat with Hal? Where's his arc? He's probably important later on, right, so there needs to be build up to the payoff, yeah? RIGHT? Completely jettisoned to background noise because Hal's impotent due to pop-pop blowing up. Fuck that Earth bullshit. I've seen Earth before. Ron Pearlman in a different sci-fi film said it best:

"Earth!? What a shithole!"

Just give me something. ANYTHING with some personality or just a basic relatability.

Saarsgard seemed to be the only one to add something to his character, and for most of his screen-time he was just squealing in pain with Rocky Dennis face.

Basically, it was an incoherent mess once I left the theater, but it was okay while it was happening.

This had promise, and it fell completely short on every mark. Except Mark Strong. Oh wait, they gave him maybe five fucking minutes of screen time. At least they got the casting right for the role.

Fuck this, I'm gonna get drunk and watch Super Troopers.
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-19-2011, 09:37 PM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• As has been said before, this thing gets worse the more one reflects upon it.

The tech took precedence over competent storytelling and it shows.

The editing was a hatchet job.
                            Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-20-2011, 12:25 AM.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I hate being right, guys...

I really do.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm sorry that I was right too. I didn't actively want this film to fail, but you could just kinda see the aura of 'failure' hovering over it. Too bad.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X