Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring it on down to Green Lanternville...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard nothing but groans when the Pirates 4 trailer plays. I think its going under-perform especially when its opening right before Hangover Part II and Kung Fu Panda 2. Find it very telling that they don't want Memorial Day when any other time it'd be the other way around; i.e. they're hoping the drop off will be less severe having their second weekend being a holiday.

Take a look at what happened to Shrek Forever After and I'd say apply that to Pirates.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• GF keeps saying she wants to see Pirates 4 for the FX. I told her she's missing the fucking boat (omg I made a punny) because the reason to see it is IAN MCSHANE COCKSUCKER.

I'm excited for GL, just because a batshit crazy sci-fi movie is very appealing to me right now. Smart sci-fi has had a good run the past 5-7 years, but I am ready for some total alien nonsense.

As for "summer" movies go, more excited for Highness and FAST MOTHAFUCKIN FIVE than anything else.

Comment

• I'm eager to see GL, mainly because it isn't Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc. Good to see DC's branching out besides the three mainstays, and like Billy said, it's high time we have a break from the hard sci-fi stuff. This looks to be the one superhero flick to best capture the spirit of the comics until Cap comes along.

Great to hear the Cap movie is generating such positive rumblings. Thor will bring in some bucks and turn a profit, but I think that's going to be the weakest of the superhero flicks coming out this year.

Comment

• New Trailer: http://www.slashfilm.com/green-lante...2/#more-103419
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Tease of Hal/Sinestro fight that will become the main attraction of the saga: green nerd boners everywhere.

That said, this is what they should have used early on to pump the movie up, not the same fucking "Reynolds cracks wise" for the duration.

COMICS = SRS BZNS
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• THAT LOOKS AWESOME.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• too little too late, I think. I really don't get a sense from my friends, family, and coworkers that they even know that this film exists. They're totally clued in on 'Thor' and 'CapAm', and have been for months.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• You guys are forgetting just how many nerds/idiots out there have lantern tattoos.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    too little too late, I think. I really don't get a sense from my friends, family, and coworkers that they even know that this film exists. They're totally clued in on 'Thor' and 'CapAm', and have been for months.
                    Makes sense, however I have a feeling this may do decent business. I know Lesley wants to see it solely for Reynolds. I wager a good amount of gay men/chicks would as well. I personally think this LOOKS better than THOR and I kinda don't care about either property. This just looks fun and crazy as opposed to "HERE'S A REAL WORLD EXPLANATION OF EVERYTHING".
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I DO know this: if the film is at the very least decent and fails at the box office, you can lay 100% of the blame on the marketing dept.

Comment

• For sure. DC needs a hit besides Batman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                          "HERE'S A REAL WORLD EXPLANATION OF EVERYTHING".
                          Lay that at the Batfeet.

Leave Odinson outta that shit.

They got magick, biatches.

This feels like a bigger Phantom movie. SLAM EVIL you guys.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                            For sure. DC needs a hit besides Batman.
                            I think that they're counting on 'Man of Steel' to be their next big hit...I swear that GL feels like a dump at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              I think that they're counting on 'Man of Steel' to be their next big hit...I swear that GL feels like a dump at this point.
                              You sound like Sinestro.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                                Lay that at the Batfeet.

Leave Odinson outta that shit.

They got magick, biatches.

This feels like a bigger Phantom movie. SLAM EVIL you guys.
                                Except doesn't most of Thor happen on Earth?

Comment

Working...
                                X