No announcement yet.

Where the Wild Things Are film clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait... How are you able to read threads? There are braille computers?!
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
      Didn't know some of you were also blind...
      Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
      Wait... How are you able to read threads? There are braille computers?!
      Lulz. Blind people on computers. NONSENSE.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Vern's review is great.

How is it possible that this movie was made with the voices of James Gandolfini, Chris Cooper and Forest Whitaker instead of Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen and Snoop Dogg? Huh? Can we give Obama credit for this? It seems like a miracle to me. You know what the trailer would've been like: Starts out real dramatic, Harry Pottery orchestral score playing as the camera floats through a beautiful CGI ocean, onto an island, into a forest. The sound of giant feet plodding through dirt. The camera comes to the unmistakable shadow of a large, horned monster. Then...

"Wild thing. You make my heart sing. You make everything... groovy." The computer-animated wild thing leaps weightlessly in the air doing air guitar. Then a wacky record scratch and Tone Loc's "Wild Thing" comes on. And some sort of dated MATRIX reference maybe.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

So true.
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

There aren't enough chemicals in the world to get me to watch that alternate version, but I'm reasonably amped to see this.
            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

<object height="385" width="640"></object>

Filmmakers Lance Bangs and Spike Jonze present an intimate look at the life of noted children's book writer and illustrator, Maurice Sendak, a seminal talent at times conflicted with his success and whose lifelong obsession with death has subtly influenced his work. Now 81 and living in Connecticut, Sendak is best known for his first (and most famous) book, Where the Wild Things Are, which he wrote after being a book illustrator for over 10 years. Though it was originally panned, Wild Things would eventually become one of the most beloved and critically lauded children's books of all time and, to Sendak's chagrin, came to define his career. Through his words, old pictures and illustrations, Tell Them Anything You Want offers a deeply personal look at an otherwise private and somewhat isolated man. Premieres on Wednesday, October 14 at 7pm. Read more

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FOWSzb0wmJs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FOWSzb0wmJs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

Vern's review is the only one I've read that hasn't fallen into the bullshit of "This movie validated me, my traumatic childhood, my geeky adolescence, and my career as an internet film critic" of most of the internet buzz on this movie.

Comment

Yep. I'll agree with that. Plus it's just a damn funny review.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I mean, Devin's childhood sounded a lot like mine. But still.

Comment

Originally posted by BudLeonard View Post
                      I mean, Devin's childhood sounded a lot like mine. But still.
                      Yeah, that's why I kinda buttoned my suck when it came to actual reviews, but then again I've only read his and Vern's so far.
                      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

http://www.latinoreview.com/movie-re...things-are-731
                        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Seriously though, what's next? The Very Hungry Caterpillar? The Giving Tree? Big Dog...Little Dog?

Comment

I hope See Spot Run and Leo the Late Bloomer!
                            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

I am brought to tears everytime I read this thread.

That being said, you would have thought the Right would have gone after Sendak by now. Because, you know, he's a gay.

Comment

Originally posted by BudLeonard View Post
                                I am brought to tears everytime I read this thread.

That being said, you would have thought the Right would have gone after Sendak by now. Because, you know, he's a gay.
                                Unfortunately, they were unable to tell because "Martin Thendak" wasn't written on the cover in big letters.

~

Comment

Working...
                                X