Eddie Murphy as Riddler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Murphy as Riddler?

FUNNYMAN EDDIE MURPHY will play The Riddler in the next Batman movie, The Sun can reveal.

The Beverly Hills Cop star, 47, has been signed up by British director CHRISTOPHER NOLAN to reprise the role played by JIM CARREY in 1995’s Batman Forever.
    The surprise move follows speculation linking Pirates of the Caribbean star JOHNNY DEPP to the part.
    The film, set for a 2010 release, is being developed under the working title Gotham.
    Execs have also signed up rising Transformers star SHIA LABEOUF, 22, to play Robin.
    CHRISTIAN BALE will return as Bruce Wayne, while MICHAEL CAINE will again play Bruce’s assistant Alfred.
    Meanwhile, Brit RACHEL WEISZ is said to be up for the Catwoman role.
    Insiders also revealed to The Sun the flick will end on a cliffhanger over whether Batman survives a blast at Wayne Towers.
    Nolan had been tight-lipped about the future of the Batman films after being rocked by the January death of HEATH LEDGER — tipped to receive a posthumous Oscar for his role as The Joker in Batman Returns.

A film insider said: “Chris wasn’t sure if he wanted to do another movie but as soon as he decided to, he got the wheels in motion.
    “Eddie’s a fantastic addition. Everyone’s excited to see what he does as the Riddler.”
    I'm somewhat intrigued. I still think there is some talent left in Eddie. Shia kind of annoys me. Rachel is hot.

Also, I always thought Jeff Goldblum would be a good Riddler.
    Last edited by PHEDG; 12-17-2008, 10:57 PM.

All lies. I guarantee it.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

It's the fucking SUN for christsakes.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

No script + no one signed on = 100% bullshit.

Any casting rumors you hear right now are complete bullshit. There currently is no Batman 3.
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Can't remember if somebody here said this already, but I think they should wait about 10 years to do the 3rd one.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

No one would sign up Eddie for anything except crap fests anyway!
              "Uh, whose car is that out front?"
              "Mine. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. The car I've always wanted and now I have it. I rule!"

"Can you feel the love?....Nub Nub...."

Recipient of: The Best Post of the Day Award!: 2

Comment

What the hell... Ok I like Rachel Weiz, but for Catwoman (sigh).. and Im not even sure Robin should be introduced yet, Labouf could work i guess... Eddie Fucking Murphy why would someone even put a curse on Batman like that, do they want the movie to bomb... I don't want to put down Eddie Murphy, but he has not done anything good in a long long long time..
                I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
                Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
                Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
                She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

it's not real....at all...ever...

Comment

What's that Rob? Couldn't hear ya.
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      it's not real....at all...ever...
                      GEEZ sorry i was just adding a comment like everyone else..
                      I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
                      Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
                      Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
                      She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

WORST CASTING EVAR...I completely agree with Jeff Goldblum, he would be an awesome Riddler.
                        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Holy shit, I just found this news story on CNN. Now it's actually for real:

Warner Bros (CNN) -- Dark Knight director Chris Nolan has finally signed on to the next Batman flick, and says that rumors about Eddie Murphy are not correct. Nolan told CNN today that he will not be using The Riddler in the next Bat film at all. "Murphy has been signed, but he's not The Riddler. We also have signed on Martin Lawrence. The two of them will be playing ex-henchmen of The Joker. Murphy's character is called Jack, while Lawrence will be playing a character called Spade." Nolan told us this morning. Also, Nolan is looking to cast Scarlet Johansson as a female Robin, and Rick Astley as Bane.
                          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Holy shit. Rick Astley as Bane?! OMGZORS!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                              Holy shit. Rick Astley as Bane?! OMGZORS!
                              that's a miscast if you ask me. he should be casted as alfred pennyworth, because he'd do the following:

Never gonna let you down
                              Never gonna run around and desert you
                              Never gonna make you cry
                              Never gonna say goodbye
                              Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
                              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Working...
                              X