Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hahahahah. Now that you mention it, yeah....
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      like how the fuck is Fassbender supposed to be fucking Ian McKellan in a span of like 15 years?
      Even if there were a sequel to follow this, he still wouldn't turn into McKellan. They don't know what they're doing and frankly don't care.

As it stands, the continuity does not link up to the ending of Days of Future Past whatsoever.

Spoiler: L-E-G-I-T S-P-O-I-L-E-R-S! ! ! 
      As Troy said a few posts back, it ends with Jean dead, Xavier quitting the school and Hank taking over. The last scene is Magneto going over to him and saying something to the effect of "Years ago, I was alone and you offered me a home and welcomed me into your family. Now I want to do the same for you."

Offering him a place in his mutant country and it ends right before he accepts or turns down the offer.

A strong ending that makes you curious where they would take it. But the fact is Kinberg would fuck it up if there were another one and especially if he was involved. And we're never gonna see the outcome anyway. So who cares.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• duuuuumb spoiler is dumb
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I gave up on this series ever being good or have a decent ending after Apoc. That movie was so goddamn terrible.

Comment

• who is Chastain supposed to be in this?
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• An alien I think?

Comment

• Yes.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Oh geez, I thought she was a reboot of Emma Frost or something. This does not look good.

Comment

• I think weird ass wamen is supposed to be Lilandra of the Shi'Ar*.

*or was at some point of the Shi'Ar before the convoluted reshoot/restructuring mess probably changed that
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yup, don’t give a shit. What a gigantic waste of time.
                      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/azvR__GRQic" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• final trailer is probably the best. I'll see it out of curiosity and mostly just to cement the end of the FOX X flicks. It's been a ride all right...

Comment

• Based on the info you fuckers have given I know this isn't going to happen, but if Dark Phoenix ends with her destroying the whole "fox" universe, then I'd be one happy camper.

Comment

• New Mutants bumped to Apr 2020.

How bad does this movie suck? Man that trailer looked aces too,

Comment

• Soooooo I think I kind of loved Dark Phoenix. HEAR ME OUT. This is the first X-Men flick that actually felt like it came from the comics if that makes sense. I mean, that opening with the shuttle an the fucking president calling Prof X on the X Phone had me grinning so goddamn hard. It also felt like an HBO show as in it was pretty small scale (space shuttle shit not withstanding).

I liked they got rid of you know who pretty quickly, it was nice to see Cyclops FUCKING BATTLE shit finally, Storm doing Storm like shit (finally a good fight scene that had more than just fucking lightning) and that last train battle was pretty decent.

I'm not saying this is the best X flick, but it was STREETS AHEAD of Apoc and I really enjoyed it. Weird.

Nightcrawler going HAM in the train was fantastic. Fucking love that character so goddamn much.

All of that being said, I still want my Disney+ X-Men First Class tv show for a season or two before a new movie, but in a few years. I'm fine with these characters sitting it out for awhile. Also, NO MORE PHOENIX SHIT FOR AT LEAST 15 YEARS IF EVER.

Dreadlock dude was dumb as fuck tho and if you try to make ANY SENSE of the fucking timeline/alt timelines of these movies your head will explode. I mean, this shit was set in 1992 and if I'm remembering my Days of Future Past shit correctly, in theory these character are to age in to the original? It's so goddamn confusing but I was entertained like I used to be in the early 90's watching the cartoon as a kid.

Also, Sophie Turner is a terrible actress and this could have been elevated just a bit with anyone else in the goddamn role of Jean.

Comment

Working...
                                X