Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lollll
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• 48 hours after the trailer drops, Dark Phoenix gets pushed back (once again) by 5 months. Not a good sign.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• But hey! We are getting some weird recut of Deadpool 2 as a PG13 movie!
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Which makes perfect sense given its now out on DVD, Blu Ray and streaming services for those kids too young to see it theatrically?
          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I do think the princess bride treatment they're going for could be funny but this should be a funny or die segment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              But hey! We are getting some weird recut of Deadpool 2 as a PG13 movie!
              But why?

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
              Which makes perfect sense given its now out on DVD, Blu Ray and streaming services for those kids too young to see it theatrically?
              But why?

NOTHING MAKES ANY SENSE
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It makes zero sense. That's the joke.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I actually asked about the recut while having to wrap something else up.

Basically, major studios are obligated by contracts with NATO to put out X amount of movies to cinemas in a given year. FOX was going to come up short, so they took a page from Paramount's 1970s playbook.

Re-release a film with a cut putting it under an R. Paramount did it for a decade before they got their asses chewed out by theater owners.

Cut to 40 years later and FOX is going to press that plan again.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• That's incredible.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It was a crazy time.

If you want to see an example of it, here's a page documenting the cuts Paramount made when they resold Saturday Night Fever as a PG movie.

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=811400
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• God, I remember when they made the PG version of Saturday Night Fever. The commercials announcing this were epic, or seemed so as I was 10 or 11 at the time.

Comment

• Saturday Night Fever and Excalibur were the only examples I know of where a film was so successful, the studios got the idea to do a PG cut to get kids in (and thus more money).
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                            Saturday Night Fever and Excalibur were the only examples I know of where a film was so successful, the studios got the idea to do a PG cut to get kids in (and thus more money).

Barbarella and I wanted to say Looking for Mr. Goodbar also happened.

It wasn't always for the kids, but for the bluehair crowd.

Anyways, the same shit will happen. NATO and the Guilds will get pissed and it will get killed.

Comment

• https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/28...-land-at-hulu/

I don't doubt this, whatsoever.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post

I 90% doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                                X