Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man, a bunch of fun haters in here. Except for Russ's critique of the art, because that is indeed terrible.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I think it's purposely terrible.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Yeah, assuming it's based off some shitty good housekeeping painting from the 70s or something
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Reminds me of something I'd see as a one sheet for a Cannonball Run sequel.

Which this honestly is on par with, but still sorely lacking an appearance from Dom Deluise as the turkey.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            man, a bunch of fun haters in here. Except for Russ's critique of the art, because that is indeed terrible.
            So just me then

Excited for the movie, but that poster is the opposite of fun
            XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• I may have to agree on this one.

The first film worked because of its anomalous nature. The last time we had an effective R-rated capeshit film it was in the 90s and it starred a bad motherfucker named Wesley Snipes, long before the term "capeshit" had even been coined or the monolithic Mouse slapped its fat moneydick on the table.

I just don't see that initial surprise being replicated.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
                Oh, great, every.. single.. character.. in the first film is returning.. what, they couldn't fit 'pizza guy' and 'everyone else from the bar' on the poster?
                Reynolds' ego, folks. Told you that motherfucker thinks he's Chevy Chase... when he's Krusty the Clown.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Yeah, assuming it's based off some shitty good housekeeping painting from the 70s or something
                  Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.
                  Nope. Nope. Russ, help me out here.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Y'all really don't recognize that Rockwell painting?

Comment

• Couldn't put my finger on it but I'll be a monkey's bare-assed uncle if that ain't Norm's work being lampooned.

I'm not as familiar with Rockwell's work as the other golden age boys. More of a Howard Pyle/J.C. Leyendecker fan.
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-09-2017, 10:18 PM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Gotta take a revisit on Rockwell, Russ - you'll enjoy it. The man knew all about composition and using positive/negative space. Plus the realism in his figures set the stage for folks like Alex Ross, who cites Rockwell as a strong influence.

As for the cast, eh, why not. It was a great ensemble the first go 'round, and any excuse to see more Negasonic is a good one.

Comment

• I mean he was amazing at what he did, but the result was never as impressive to me as how his process was conducted when putting a picture together.

Don't get me wrong, he was a fantastic artist.

But the sheer amount of planning, staging, and development before a single brushstroke was put to the canvas is almost frightening. How I Make a Picture was an invaluable look into his work that blew my mind when I first cracked its spine.

What I'm saying is fuck this poster.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I love you Russ.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                              Y'all really don't recognize that Rockwell painting?

It was killing me how people didn't recognize the Rockwell homage.

That being said, totally in agreement with the Russ assessment.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Russ nailed it - and kudos for mentioning How I Make a Picture. Haven't flipped through that in far too long.

Comment

Working...
                                X