Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tru dat, hommie.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• What I do find delicious is the fact that Psylocke does nothing of note in the movie but that she turned down Deadpool because she didn't just want to be "eye candy" yet probably didn't know that the option is there for her to have become a hero as well in the sequel.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I mean... we all knew she was only there to stand around, say shit and "look bad-ass" in CG money-shots. Not hired for her acting range.

What kills me is her claiming she did all her own stunts (and she's still claiming this). Cut to on set pictures of her standing next to her stunt double, dressed up in character. How Goddamn narcissistic is someone to lie about something like that?
        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          What I do find delicious is the fact that Psylocke does nothing of note in the movie but that she turned down Deadpool because she didn't just want to be "eye candy" yet probably didn't know that the option is there for her to have become a hero as well in the sequel.
          Anyway, Morena Baccarin is 10x the actress Munn ever will be.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Saw it today and it appears that another person watching it decided to upload the full plot to Wikipedia.

Spoiler: still in mobile mindset. 

But, saw it today. Quicksilver is the MVP again and there are moments to be had. Psylocke, Angel and Havok are wasted. Singer really wants the audience to find Stryker to be a big bad. If it's not Brian Cox, then no fucks given.

The forced stuff with Wolverine felt like fan wank.

Michael Fassbender was kinda underwhelming given the nature of his role this time out.

That being said...ONTO THE NEW MUTANTS.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I'm kinda back and forth between this and Days of Future Past (the latter will probably win out) as Singer's second best entry. X2 and First Class are safe sitting on top of the mountain.

I get the mixed reviews but the negative ones are head-scratchers, two of which came from good buddies of mine. I don't get it.

Spoiler: Spoilers, son! 
              The Wolverine shoe-horning was the kind of fan-wanking Singer actively avoided during his run on the first two films. Stupid, pointless and an extra 5 minutes to the running length that could (and should) have been used elsewhere. The Quicksilver scene is both a blast (the audience came to life when it happened, just like Days of Future Past) and baffling (it comes right on the dramatic moment of the mansion blowing up, Charles getting fucked up/kidnapped by Apocalypse and Havok getting killed). Then again... I laughed. Still a strange transition that didn't 100% work.

This was Fassbender's movie, and the moment he stands up to Apocalypse is the definition of a "Get up and cheer!" moment.
              Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 05-19-2016, 06:56 AM.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                I'm kinda back and forth between this and Days of Future Past (the latter will probably win out) as Singer's second best entry. X2 and First Class are safe sitting on top of the mountain.

I get the mixed reviews but the negative ones are head-scratchers, two of which came from good buddies of mine. I don't get it.

Spoiler: Spoilers, son! 
                The Wolverine shoe-horning was the kind of fan-wanking Singer actively avoided during his run on the first two films. Stupid, pointless and an extra 5 minutes to the running length that could (and should) have been used elsewhere. The Quicksilver scene is both a blast (the audience came to life when it happened, just like Days of Future Past) and baffling (it comes right on the dramatic moment of the mansion blowing up, Charles getting fucked up/kidnapped by Apocalypse and Havok getting killed). Then again... I laughed. Still a strange transition that didn't 100% work.

This was Fassbender's movie, and the moment he stands up to Apocalypse is the definition of a "Get up and cheer!" moment.
                  Spoiler: Spoilers 

It was a great moment for Fassbender that was rushed to make happen in time. So much of Magneto in this film feels like it was hurried as to keep the film from hitting 3 hours.

Plus, I agree on the editing point. Normally, Singer films are tightly edited. This felt amazingly half-assed.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post

Comment

• Oh G4, the gift that keeps on giving.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Makes me wonder what Morgan Webb is doing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                          Makes me wonder what Morgan Webb is doing now.

Wondering how that trollop surpassed her career-wise.

Comment

• Last I heard, which was awhile ago, Webb was doing stuff for Blizzard. Meaning Billy probably has her picture plastered all over his bedroom wall.

Comment

Last I heard, which was awhile ago, Webb was doing stuff for Blizzard. Meaning Billy probably has her picture plastered all over his bedroom wall.

"Plastered"

Comment

Last I heard, which was awhile ago, Webb was doing stuff for Blizzard. Meaning Billy probably has her picture plastered all over his bedroom wall.
                                She is. I think she's plenty happy with how her career has gone. And I totally had her issue of Maxim or whatever it was 15 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X