Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    Nothing about this movie screams "TAKE ME SERIOUSLY".
    It shouldn't. Basically, it's ummm...WE NEED AN X-MEN MOVIE BEFORE OUR CONTRACT EXPIRES.

So, what we get is an X-Men flick setup so that Disney doesn't get that property back. Same for the Spidey reboot. No other purpose outside of that.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

BOOURNS.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Same goes for Superman, but it appears they are giving a fuck about that one.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

On paper, I'm all for the retro costumes.

In reality, eeesh. Big disappointment. Hope Vaughn's right about it all working out when they're in action.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
            Same goes for Superman, but it appears they are giving a fuck about that one.

Superman is another rights issue, yeah. But, it's also part of WB's larger strategy to whore out DC properties like a bastard.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Studios gotta eat
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

None of these flicks are getting my money.
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                  None of these flicks are getting my money.

They're getting all of it, Nathaniel. You don't understand, they already won. THEY ALREADY WON!

Comment

I just hope that Vaughn delivers a quality product. He's 3/3 in my book and has the potential to be a lasting director of quality. THIS film seems like a ticket into Ratner-mediocrity-ville.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Knight Shyamalan View Post
                      I just hope that Vaughn delivers a quality product. He's 3/3 in my book and has the potential to be a lasting director of quality. THIS film seems like a ticket into Ratner-mediocrity-ville.

This seems like FOX remembered that they could sue the fuck out of him.

Comment

how so? and why? what kind of leverage do they have on Vaughn?
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                          They're getting all of it, Nathaniel. You don't understand, they already won. THEY ALREADY WON!
                          This man speaks the truth...

The upshot of those costumes = the potential for truly outstanding merchandising tie-ins!

I'm not even kidding. That's a genuinely exciting prospect!
                          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Ruckus knows the whole deal but it relates to Vaughn jumping ship right before X3 was to film.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

For me, that picture of Fassbender in the Magneto helmet (and comparing it next to McKellen's) proves why movies like these require directors who are filmmakers first and foremost and not fanboys.

Look exactly like the comic-book design. Which on paper is fine. But on screen looks retarded as fuck. Unless the intention was to go all Flash Gordon on it.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Maybe they should go Flash Gordon with it - might be far more interesting, as opposed to going all real world and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X