Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-Tates is Gambit?

"Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Well, maybe my favorite X movie. Need to watch First Class again though. Quicksilver was awesome, who knew?

Comment

• Even with the goofy look? CRAY
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Holy fuck was that great. Time is spent on character and motivation, so you honestly care about what's happening on the screen. It's not just a series of action sequences where you passively sit back and watch the special effects: you engage in them, and that really makes this thing rise above the rest.

Quicksilver really must be singled out, though. It's a small role, but he absolutely steals the movie. His 'big moment', set to Jim Croce, is a work of sheer genius craftsmanship from Bryan Singer'. Seriously, Singer threw down the gauntlet big time to Whedon.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Great flick. A bit of bloat as I felt a tad antsy in the middle but otherwise great setup for the new generation of x flicks. Loved the Quicksilver scene, he was fucking great. Evan Peters played him perfectly. Wolverine was actually interesting in a movie again, but I'm officially in love with Blink. She is fucking badass.

Spoiler: spoilers 
            loved the retconning of everything, the ending with Cyclops, Jean, and motherfucking GRAMMER BEAST was perfect. And holy fuck were the deaths insane. Iceman losing his head, Colossus getting ripped in half, Bishop exploding? gotdamn. Loved the stuff with Magneto and the stadium, that shit was bonkers. Also loved seeing Apocalypse building the pyramids at the end. neat. Does Wolverine have his metal again at the end? I was a tad confused on that.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Here's the thing: apart from the Wolvie love, I agree with all of Rob's points. But it still felt lacking in some way. It wasn't bad, it wasn't even boring. All I can come back to is that, a handful of scenes aside, it wasn't compelling.

Bonus scene was awesome, but I hope they hand off to someone new fir the next one. I hear Edgar Wright's available?
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• also, because I'm not a huge comic nerd, but was Quicksilver
                  Spoiler: spoilers' 
                Magneto's kid? And was the baby supposed to be Scarlet Witch?
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                  All I can come back to is that, a handful of scenes aside, it wasn't compelling.

Bonus scene was awesome, but I hope they hand off to someone new fir the next one. I hear Edgar Wright's available?

Even with my love of the things I mentioned, I can agree with that. For me I'm just excited now that they are able to pretty much go in any direction. When in doubt use time travel to undo all past fuckups.

Comment

• And in regards to your spoiler question: yes and probably.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      also, because I'm not a huge comic nerd, but was Quicksilver
                        Spoiler: spoilers' 
                      Magneto's kid? And was the baby supposed to be Scarlet Witch?
                      It's what was hinted at.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Just seemed so weird that he was barely in it.

Comment

• It's a bit like Nightcrawler.

Hint at the awesome, then never speak of it again.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/56HMY_MATGQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• According to Radar, Fox wants Singer out. Good luck with that.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I hear Edgar Wright is free.

Comment

Working...
                                X