Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wolverine is pretty good. Just stop at the third act and go straight to the end credits bit.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Still need to see it. Hopefully it hits blu soon.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The third act has issues, that's for sure. I wish that they had just kept it like the comic, but they felt the need to GO BIG. That's unfortunate, because the first two acts keep it small and focused on character with some really solid action scenes thrown in there (the train sequence is particularly strong).
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I didn't care for it. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't particularly engaging, but I don't think Wolverine is an especially interesting character to begin with.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Neat.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I didn't say they were 'bad', but I thought Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, and Nolan's last Batman were all really disappointing.* There were certainly bad elements in all of them, though.

I'm not snobby about superhero films at all. But I'm definitely not as attached to the characters as some posters, so I think I'm a little less inclined to make allowances for the lazy storytelling and baggy running times that have marred some of the movies.

*And more recently, the last Stark opus.
              Last edited by Bobby Bear; 11-27-2013, 03:07 PM.
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Understandable issues. Mongoose still awaits.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                  I didn't say they were 'bad', but I thought Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, and Nolan's last Batman were all really disappointing.* There were certainly bad elements in all of them, though.

I'm not snobby about superhero films at all. But I'm definitely not as attached to the characters as some posters, so I think I'm a little less inclined to make allowances for the lazy storytelling and baggy running times that have marred some of the movies.

I'm down with 2 of the 4 you listed, Bear. ASM was disappoint. Dark Knight Rises... I just can't make the effort to finish watching it. I tried a couple of times, but I find myself zoning out and switching channels to something else.

Respectfully, I disagree with ya on Avengers and Iron Man 3. Those two I enjoyed the hell out of. That being said, I'll politely ask Russ if he can cut down the mongoose's PCP intake prior to your fight.

Comment

• Well I don't wanna kill the little fella. Or the mongoose.

You should go in MST3K style for Rises if you ever find yourself sitting down to watch it. Most people end up identifying more with Bane than anyone else in that film. He should have been the hero.

It is the silliest fucking movie of the past several years.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• TDKR being filmed in Pittsburgh didn't help either. Or the fact that the climatic fight of the century passed Wiener World several times. Which is, in fact, not a bad place to get a dog.
                      Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                        I didn't say they were 'bad', but I thought Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, and Nolan's last Batman were all really disappointing.* There were certainly bad elements in all of them, though.

Rises was flawed, yes. Deeply so, but I still like it, but not as much as the first 2, who were awesome.

Amazing Spiderman, forgettable and pretty bad.

The Avengers? Flawed, but SO FUCKING AMAZEBALL.

And Iron Man 3 is by far the best standalone Marvel flick*.

*Haven't watched Thor 2....
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Oh shit...Apocalypse?

BRING BACK MARSDEN.

Comment

• Singer basically confirmed a number of rumors on Days of Future Past by that announcement. Figured they would prefer keep it all a surprise?
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Say what you want about Marvel studios, but they're causing 3veryone* to up their game.

*typing on my tablet makes me 3l33t.
                              Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                Oh shit...Apocalypse?

BRING BACK MARSDEN.
                                Yes!!!!!!!
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X