Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
    I also want to see "blue and yellow spandex". Just for shits and giggles, and to remind folks this is based on a comic book originally marketed to kids.

Oh, and bring on the Shi'ar and the Imperial Guard, too. Needs to see me some Warstar.

The whole marketing to kids thing is a bullshit angle. You can use that argument to discredit a lot of shit.

But, it's a double-edged sword as you can look past the juvenile trappings and find a certain glee in the broad Sci-Fi setups.

Hell, CBR has been doing a great feature for the last five months where they take five issues of a set classic run and actually break apart the goofy shit in them. Today's section spotlights the first five issues of Uncanny.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Someone convince me a hypothetical sequel to First Class could work. Pitch me some ideas.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
        Someone convince me a hypothetical sequel to First Class could work. Pitch me some ideas.
        If you're gonna keep it in the 60s, have the film's mutants form their own civil rights movement that runs at the same time as the factual civil rights movement. Prof X becomes MLK, Magneto becomes Malcolm X.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Sentinels.

With bell bottoms.
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• FUCK YES.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
              Hell, CBR has been doing a great feature for the last five months where they take five issues of a set classic run and actually break apart the goofy shit in them. Today's section spotlights the first five issues of Uncanny.
              Link please?
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I don't know if it's on the edited version of Movie Moan podcast this week. But the only idea I could muster is aping the style of The Spy Who Loved Me and having one of the newbies be Dazzler if they were going for the 70s.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• The REAL reason for the space race: Magneto had a plan to build a space station and/or claim the moon for mutantkind.
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Tell me more.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      The REAL reason for the space race: Magneto had a plan to build a space station and/or claim the moon for mutantkind.
                      Holy shit.....this.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Asteroid M(oonraker)?
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                          Tell me more.
                          Agreed.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I imagine a 70s era film would look like the 90s arcade game/Pyrde of the X-Men.
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Throw in more 60s era figures too if there is another one. Xavier working with Howard Hughes, etc.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                                Link please?

READ AND ENJOY

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...fiest-moments/
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X