Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE MEN OF THE X VARIETY AND OTHER FOX BS (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have I heard that streets ahead idiom before?

And I agree, it was better than Apocalypse. But the X-Men should be a TV show. The Phoenix saga only works after you spend time with Jean and then Phoenix, before she goes crazy.

Claremont's dialogue is pretty godawful but his plotting -- especially in the 80s -- was pretty fucking great.
    Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Streets ahead is from Community. Pierce says it and always made me laugh. And yeah like I've mentioned before I totally agree it needs to be a show for a season or two with original crew before the first inevitable marvel flick.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The X-Men have so much weird and needlessly convoluted shit to their history, that it could only work as a telenovela. The delivery, the sappy soundtrack, the surprise guests in the X villa.

The overwrought revelations, the interpersonal conflicts and the absolute cheese of the costuming.

It needs Telemundo to do it the justice it deserves.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• After watching and finishing Legion, I only want my X-Men in show form.

Legion is the high bar.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Streets ahead is from Community. Pierce says it and always made me laugh. And yeah like I've mentioned before I totally agree it needs to be a show for a season or two with original crew before the first inevitable marvel flick.
            That's right. Apparently it is actual British Slang, too.

It's going into my lexicon.
            Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Working...
            X