Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Einstuerzende Neubauten

Let's do it a Dada!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=356 23913
    Supposedly this is a link to their myspace. i can't use myspace at work so I have no idea if it is or not. hopefully it is.
    www.neubauten.org

these guys are an epic, massive, supernova win and also my favorite band ever. i just got back from london so I could see them. i have a tattoo of their early logo on my ankle. i've probably spent about $1000 on merch, vinyl, albums, supporter dues, tickets....

jesus god i love them and you should too. industrial masterminds that have been around for nearly 30 years, and still making albums that show the music industry what the fuck is up. 90 percent of their instruments are lovingly hand made after having been dug out of the trash, the dump, or the local hardware store. and the lead singer, blixa bargeld, has a voice that's so haunting and well tuned. you might remember him as a backup singer/duet/master guitarist from Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

their best album was definitely Haus Der Luege, but their newest, Alles Wieder Offen, is an album that's so fresh and fantastic that you'd never believe these guys have been doing this for so damn long.

Go give them a listen, they're worth it. Even if you aren't an 'industrial' fan, you can enjoy their later albums, which are a softer and more 'musical'. Metal and industrial fans would probably enjoy their extensive back catalogue, which feature gritty, busted guitar and bass, loud "BOOMS!", and howling vocals.

i, however, love pretty much every album these guys have ever made. finally getting the chance to see them live was like the greatest day of my life.

....blah blah blah, just go listen!
    scissors on his head! scissors on his fucking head!!

I used to be into them back in my industrial phase in high school along with a shitload of other bands that I haven't really listened to much since then.

But they do indeed kick ass,
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

oddly enough, they're pretty much the only industrial i listen to, but I fell for them hard. HARD.

their new stuff is just as good as their old stuff, but they've certainly calmed down. still use all hand made instruments, but they've gone a very beautiful, musical route. an incredible evolution of an incredible band. you should really pick them back up.
      scissors on his head! scissors on his fucking head!!

Comment

Working...
      X