• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyG
    WE ARE THE 1%
    #2011jokes

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Russ
      Too bad we never got a "Dancing in the Street" out of that.
      Oh, man... you didn't even get to hear my "BAWWWWKK!!" chicken laugh at that one!
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Me? Dude our music choices are closer together than anyone else here. WE ARE THE 1%
        That wasn't directed at you.

*apparentlyfansofbadmusicfist*
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington
          That wasn't directed at you.

*apparentlyfansofbadmusicfist*
          Let's crawl into our wide legs and listen to Dinosaur Jr and talk about the good ol' 90s mang

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Miller
            Kurt and Michael were actually pretty close for a while. I remember there even being rumors about some hanky panky. Who knows. Would have been a million percent better than Courtney Love.
            Originally posted by Lisa
            I heard that rumor too! I also heard that Michael may have messed around with Courtney too, but that was a pretty brief rumor that never got going much. I heard the Kurt and Michael rumor a lot more than the Courtney and Michael rumor.
            I heard the rumors, but dismissed them. Stipe was just trying to be a friend as he knew Kurt was having issues with fame, drugs, etc. The two of them had a mutual appreciation thing going on, which was cool.

Oh, and Cobain would've been the first to tell ya, he drew a huge amount of inspiration from The Replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225
              I heard the rumors, but dismissed them. Stipe was just trying to be a friend as he knew Kurt was having issues with fame, drugs, etc. The two of them had a mutual appreciation thing going on, which was cool.
              Oh, come on, you know they boned!
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

People that love Nirvana but don't at least like The Pixies cause aneurysms in babies.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa
                  I heard that rumor too! I also heard that Michael may have messed around with Courtney too, but that was a pretty brief rumor that never got going much. I heard the Kurt and Michael rumor a lot more than the Courtney and Michael rumor.
                  I don't think Stipe is even the slightest bit straight, and while Courtney is quite mannish in some regards, probably not nearly enough for him. I think he just tried to help her out a bit.

Love was definitely fucking Billy Corgan a lot, though. She hops in to bed with talented songwriters who end up being stupid enough to write any of the good Hole material (Kurt - Live Through This, Billy - Celebrity Skin).
                  "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                  - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                  http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                  http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Let's crawl into our wide legs and listen to Dinosaur Jr and talk about the good ol' 90s mang
                    yessss
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson
                      Metal isn't dead and Nirvana didn't kill it.
                      You might want to talk to Quiet Riot and Warrant about that. But, to be charitable, hair metal was killed by Nirvana. At least until your generation unfortunately resurrected it.

However, they did alter the pop music scene for the better at a key moment in history.
                      For the better? Cobain ruined lyric writing for about a decade in hard pop-music and put a nail arrangement's coffin for the better part of a decade. Plus he inspired Fred Durst. Which is just terrible.

It's not Cobain's fault that American metal never got back to the same place.
                      If by same place you mean commercially, then Slipknot and the rest of Ozzfest would like a word with you. In fact, most heavy music today owes more to thrash than to Nirvana. Their influence isn't that profound outside of the 90s.

If we're going to call loud thrash and glam metal the pinnacles of a musical movement, then your argument is fucked before it even began.
                      I agree. Which is why I didn't do that. I have no idea where you got that nonsense.

But, your argument was fucked before that when you started pulling the Old Man Music card out. You're not Lester Bangs, so back it up a little better than telling a story about you went to a concert in 1993.
                      I may not be Lester Bangs, but you aint even Patrick Fugit son.

The fact of the matter is I wrote Nirvana is vastly overrated and had Cobain not died, they'd largely be forgotten about and probably overshadowed by Grohl's solo career (he quit shortly after Cobain's suicide attempt in Rome).

You responded with a straw man argument and agreeing with one of my central conceits -- that Nirvana changed the immediate pop-music landscape. Now please, dazzle me with your argument why they're not an overrated band. Be specific and use examples. Or shut up.
                      Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Comment

Also, Foo Fighters have sucked since their second album.

Comment

Originally posted by BMichaelKrol
                            You might want to talk to Quiet Riot and Warrant about that. But, to be charitable, hair metal was killed by Nirvana. At least until your generation unfortunately resurrected it.

For the better? Cobain ruined lyric writing for about a decade in hard pop-music and put a nail arrangement's coffin for the better part of a decade. Plus he inspired Fred Durst. Which is just terrible.

If by same place you mean commercially, then Slipknot and the rest of Ozzfest would like a word with you. In fact, most heavy music today owes more to thrash than to Nirvana. Their influence isn't that profound outside of the 90s.

I agree. Which is why I didn't do that. I have no idea where you got that nonsense.

I may not be Lester Bangs, but you aint even Patrick Fugit son.

The fact of the matter is I wrote Nirvana is vastly overrated and had Cobain not died, they'd largely be forgotten about and probably overshadowed by Grohl's solo career (he quit shortly after Cobain's suicide attempt in Rome).

You responded with a straw man argument and agreeing with one of my central conceits -- that Nirvana changed the immediate pop-music landscape. Now please, dazzle me with your argument why they're not an overrated band. Be specific and use examples. Or shut up.

Give me a few days. I want to turn this into something that actually benefits me.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

"Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I think we're all forgetting who is really to blame for hair metal.... the Japanese!

FUCK. ING. EMBED.

And to calm us all down a bit...

Comment

Working...
                                X