Your top 5 favorite albums of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    OK giving it a shot, we can come back and add to this later right?

Faith No More - Album Of The Year

Yes, yes, Angel Dust is their classic that everyone praises, but only those with balls will tell you that Album Of The Year is just as good, but very different. With Jim Martin gone Patton took more creative control, and the band benefited from it. Half lounge act half metal, Album Of The Year is all greatness.

Megadeth - Rust In Peace

Probably not my favorite Megadeth album, but the one I can definitely listen to start to finish and love every single note on it. Tornado of Souls alone elevates this album to the stratosphere.
    Totally forgot about these two. So great. So, so great.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Nice pull on FNM, Bill.

Just for the intro to "Helpless" alone (okay, I lie. The one for "Naked in Front of the Computer" is also straight up badass), it's worth ten dead Jim Martin pumpkins.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        OK giving it a shot, we can come back and add to this later right?

UGK - Ridin' Dirty

California had The Chronic, and NY had Ready To Die, but neither hold up against Father Time like Ridin' Dirty. This album defined not only a style, but an entire culture in Texas. If you've ever rode S.L.A.B. (slow loud and banging) on a Saturday night from Austin to Beaumont it was to this album, or one of the thousands produced directly because of it. Anyone that enjoys rap, but can't get up to Bun's verse on "Murder" has no pulse. Probably my favorite album of all time, I rarely go a week without at least one spin of this.

Faith No More - Album Of The Year

Yes, yes, Angel Dust is their classic that everyone praises, but only those with balls will tell you that Album Of The Year is just as good, but very different. With Jim Martin gone Patton took more creative control, and the band benefited from it. Half lounge act half metal, Album Of The Year is all greatness.

Alice In Chains - Jar Of Flies

I can listen to all of AIC/Cantrell's albums start to finish, but Jar Of Flies is something special. A bunch of fuck-off tracks that they put together brainstorming for a new album, their producer told them it was the best material he had heard from them, and got them to release it commercially. We should thank those studio heads that wanted this released.

Led Zeppelin - IV

I cannot possibly say anything about IV that hasn't been said before.

Megadeth - Rust In Peace

Probably not my favorite Megadeth album, but the one I can definitely listen to start to finish and love every single note on it. Tornado of Souls alone elevates this album to the stratosphere.
        I find no fault with your list.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
          Nice pull on FNM, Bill.

Just for the intro to "Helpless" alone
          Those first notes and the screaming of COLLISSSSSSSSSSSSION is an incredible start to any album.

Comment

Yep. It kicks the fucking door down.

They're good at that.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

And now I am on Google Music listening to "Easy Like Sunday Morning" and "I Started A Joke."

Google Music is boss hogg guys.

Comment

If the mix for The Real Thing didn't downplay the drums so goddamn much, it'd be so...epic.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

1. Pink Floyd: Animals
                  Just monster compositions. I used to listen to this on my one mile walk to my bus stop EVERY DAY in high school, and never got sick of it. Still don't. It has some of the most soulful playing Gilmour has ever done, and the band hated each other just enough to keep things edgy and interesting before they started to collapse into the Roger Waters band (with guests: Pink Floyd.)

2. The Wrens: The Meadowlands
                  I've pimped this band and album out a lot, and will continue to. It's the perfect break up album. It's so perfect, it almost makes you want to end a relationship just to relate more. I've seen this album played live by these guys, and it's somehow even better

3. Smashing Pumpkins: Siamese Dream
                  Not a song skipped. This album changed my taste in music from Def Leppard and Bon Jovi to Nirvana and Pavement. I thank them in my head for that quite often. I can listen to Mayonnaise on repeat for hours.

4. Pixies: Surfer Rosa
                  How can you not geek out when an album starts with David Lowering BLASTING the confusing drum beat to the beginning of Bone Machine? This album covers the Punk (Broken Face) the trippy (Where is My Mind?) the poppy (Gigantic) and the hilarious (Tony's Song). This album changed music before Nevermind changed it. Kurt Cobain would verify that if Courtney hadn't killed him.
                  5.Sunny Day Real Estate: Diary
                  My band in high school covered 7. I felt bad, because a lot of people hadn't heard of the band on the east coast, and people thought we wrote the song. Incredibly flattering. This album is everything that was great about the 90's , but on steroids.
                  "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                  - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                  http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                  http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

FUCK YEAH TO SUNNY DAY.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
                      1. Pink Floyd: Animals
                      Just monster compositions. I used to listen to this on my one mile walk to my bus stop EVERY DAY in high school, and never got sick of it. Still don't. It has some of the most soulful playing Gilmour has ever done, and the band hated each other just enough to keep things edgy and interesting before they started to collapse into the Roger Waters band (with guests: Pink Floyd.)
                      This is probably #6 or 7 on my list. It's really the only PF album that I can really listen to, front to back, anymore.

'Sheep'. Good GOD that song.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I'm afraid to revisit Siamese Dream.

Comment

Don't be.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

My first signature at derp was
                            "Wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream."

I mean, come the fuck on with that awesome lyric.

Comment

The Pumpkins were not very good live though. At least not when I saw them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                                I'm afraid to revisit Siamese Dream.
                                I listened to it front to back five times the other week. Still rips paint off the walls. Do, however, be afraid to re-visit Melon Collie. Billy needs the constraint of a 13 track album to reign his bullshit in.

Comment

Working...
                                X