Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever Happened to Alternative Nation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $he'$ too fucking legit for Middle Earf.

(kill me)
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• She can't brush her teeth with pipe weed, only Jack.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
        Queen was the first concert I ever went to.

1973 at the New Haven Coliseum. My older sister took me.

Foghat opened for them.

And in almost 30 years, nothing has even come close to that show.

This discussion is now over.

Oh, and about fuckin' time we got some Foghat mentioned up in here.

Comment

• 1998: Limp Bizkit, Korn, and when things got really really angry
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Still stand by my assertion that 3 dollar Bill Yall is a decent fucking album. And they put on a hell of show when they opened for Korn prior to that album dropping.

WES IS AWESOME.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I have to agree that Wes Boreland kind of did look like a monkey.

I was also surprised to be on the subway one day and noticed some teenagers wearing Korn t-shirts. I didn't know the kids still listened to Korn.

I still can't believe that Linkin Park has existed for now ten years and I can't deny that I dug it at the time due to continuing lack of musical taste.

Comment

• Remember these?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5k26VZKjAWU?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CCHNL3-FZOA?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ppCyIdkoXGk?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z6nIHFCcto8?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MqKcUS2Npic?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• I'm pretty sure 1998 was the year Rob had that short lived career being the frontman of Orgy.

Comment

• This installment made me a sad panda. You could not escape all that shit for about 5 solid years, and right when it started to fade away Linkin Park shows up and explodes.

Comment

• Linkin Park has fucking amazing production skills. The music is debatable, but Chester can FUCKING SING.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• One of the few bands I've EVER seen where their stage show sounds EXACTLY like the album.

Comment

• Funny you should say that Billy because I remember in 2001 the start of the garage band sound with the The Strokes.

But there was also Disturbed in '02.

Comment

• Fucking hat The Strokes. SO FUCKING MUCH

Comment

• Ah yes, that may have been the start of hipsterdom right there. But before that we had full blown emo-pop in the middle of the 00s.

Someone get the Irish Bear in here for further elaboration.

Comment

• I don't even know who The Strokes are. Music really vanished for me from like 1997-2008 or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X