Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever Happened to Alternative Nation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a long time since I heard Vitology, but I remember it not grabbing me like 10 and Vs. did. Those two albums were like adrenaline shots for me. I also dig on Matt's list, although I sorta got into Mother Love Bone as well.

Comment

• VS just comes out of the gate screaming and does not let up at all.
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Man, I know fuckall about music.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
          VS just comes out of the gate screaming and does not let up at all.
          It's one of those rare, perfect albums. All killer, no filler...you can listen to it straight through without any regret.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
            VS just comes out of the gate screaming and does not let up at all.
            Rearviewmirror is beastly
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I liked Vitalogy but I'm a weirdo and didn't hear VS till later in life. VS still owns.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                It's one of those rare, perfect albums. All killer, no filler...you can listen to it straight through without any regret.
                I ALMOST agree, but Glorified G and Rats are skips for me. Everything else makes up for it, though. I also agree that Mother Love Bone and Mudhoney were eh, but without them, we wouldn't have had the musical revolution that followed. My grunge list you ask? Well sure!

1. Nirvana
                No offense, but I get baffled when people downplay the influence and brilliance of Nevermind. Blistering album. Screaming guitars, pounding drums, and hooks that would catch a great white. Bon Jovi? Def Leppard? Skid Row? Fuck you guys, you're done. Here are three guys with insane talent who make guitar rock and roll like Dick Dale used to, they look like everyone else, and they write better songs than you could EVER write. New era time.

2. Pearl Jam
                If Nirvana is the Sex Pistols, Pearl Jam is the Clash. Masters of a million grooves, constantly relevant.

3. Alice in Chains
                Music can be heavy as hell without being metal. Music can be scary as shit without being goth. Music can be sweet and soulful without being soft. Cantrell and Staley proved this over and over.

4. Soundgarden
                Can one mans voice rip the paint off of walls? Cornell's can. Oh, and hey, Matt Cameron might be one of the most talented drummers out there. All of those mainstream radio stations starting playing songs with alternate time signatures without realizing it. Anyone in the band a slouch? Nope. Kim Thayill is vastly underrecognized.
                "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• The opening to "Drain You" still rockets my energy levels to 11.

But then I take my beta blockers and settle back down.

Echoing the love for Matt's drumming. He's settled into his PJ gig effortlessly and given them a kick in the ass.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Nice write-up for AIC. Fantastic band.
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Stupid View Post
                      The opening to "Drain You" still rockets my energy levels to 11.

But then I take my beta blockers and settle back down.

Echoing the love for Matt's drumming. He's settled into his PJ gig effortlessly and given them a kick in the ass.
                      I used to cover Breed, and I felt like my heart was going to explode while screaming SHE SAID. Fucking exhilarating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
                        I ALMOST agree, but Glorified G and Rats are skips for me. Everything else makes up for it, though. I also agree that Mother Love Bone and Mudhoney were eh, but without them, we wouldn't have had the musical revolution that followed. My grunge list you ask? Well sure!

1. Nirvana
                        No offense, but I get baffled when people downplay the influence and brilliance of Nevermind. Blistering album. Screaming guitars, pounding drums, and hooks that would catch a great white. Bon Jovi? Def Leppard? Skid Row? Fuck you guys, you're done. Here are three guys with insane talent who make guitar rock and roll like Dick Dale used to, they look like everyone else, and they write better songs than you could EVER write. New era time.

2. Pearl Jam
                        If Nirvana is the Sex Pistols, Pearl Jam is the Clash. Masters of a million grooves, constantly relevant.

3. Alice in Chains
                        Music can be heavy as hell without being metal. Music can be scary as shit without being goth. Music can be sweet and soulful without being soft. Cantrell and Staley proved this over and over.

4. Soundgarden
                        Can one mans voice rip the paint off of walls? Cornell's can. Oh, and hey, Matt Cameron might be one of the most talented drummers out there. All of those mainstream radio stations starting playing songs with alternate time signatures without realizing it. Anyone in the band a slouch? Nope. Kim Thayill is vastly underrecognized.
                        Great list. My personal tastes would reflect Nirvana and AIC switching places but that's just me.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
                          I used to cover Breed, and I felt like my heart was going to explode while screaming SHE SAID. Fucking exhilarating.
                          Grohl was a monster on that album.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• He's a monster every time he gets behind the drum kit. I like a lot of Foo Fighters, but I resent them for keeping him from drumming.

Comment

• I mean, he might be one of my favorite drummers. Grohl, Stewart Copeland, Jimmie Chamberlain, and John Bonham (in no particular order).

Comment

• Your drum heroes are my heroes.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X