Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever Happened to Alternative Nation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought that 'VS' was pretty much universally acclaimed as Pearl Jam's best album. That's certainly the vibe that I've gotten from everyone who ever talked about their discography.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• In my social circle people still cling to 10, only exception I'd found was an ex. So this is pleasant news.

Comment

• Personally, I'll go on record to not only state that it's PJ's best album, but it's arguably the best 'grunge' album of all time.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I can't make that same claim regarding this Vs vs Ten street fight, as if one is better than the other.

They're both fantastic records.

Trying to qualify their intrinsic value is for the birds.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I can't listen to 10 anymore. Black, but that's it. It's nails on a chalkboard for me now.

Comment

• 'Ten' is a solid dry run for 'VS'. Apart from a few songs, I hated 'Vitalogy' and pretty much checked out of the band from that point on. I did give the rest of their catalog a go a couple of months ago, and the only album that kinda grabbed me was their self titled one (which I actually thought was kinda GREAT).

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                I can't listen to 10 anymore. Black, but that's it. It's nails on a chalkboard for me now.
                That's unfortunate.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I still can't understand the hate for Vitalogy. If you'd said Riot Act or Binaural, I'd be right there with you.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 'Corduroy' is one of the few songs that I liked on that album.

Comment

• My favorite 'grunge' albums:
                      1. Pearl Jam: 'VS'
                      2. Alice in Chains: 'Dirt'
                      3. Soundgarden: 'Badmotorfinger'
                      4. Soundgarden: 'Superunknown'
                      5. Alice in Chains: 'Jar of Flies'

I couldn't get into Mudhoney, Screaming Trees, or Mother Love Bone. Nirvana was good but not transcendent...I don't have an issue with them but they just didn't DO it for me. Personal taste, I guess.

Comment

• Vitalogy = awesome, Vs. = awesome, Ten = pretty great, but I think nostalgia colors that one for me more than anything since I'd rather listen to Vs., Vitalogy, or even Yield more than Ten.

EDIT: Matt's list is good. I don't really like Screaming Trees either, but I LOVE Mark Lanegan's solo stuff and his work with Greg Dulli on their Gutter Twins project as well as his cameos on Twilight Singers-related stuff.
                        Last edited by Shit Dickface; 07-20-2011, 09:29 AM. Reason: asdf
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Stupid View Post
                          That's unfortunate.
                          It really is. I know there's some awesome shit there, but I just can't do it. Vitalogy is good stuff, weird (BUGS!) but good.

Screaming Trees are great, really need to buy all those albums again.

Comment

• See, I totally get the aspect of Ten being the record that is front-loaded with way too much of the overplayed hit collection that I can thank the rock radio programmers at the time for making me never want to hear the opening chords to "Jeremy" ever again.

But then there's the last half of that album that just tears that all down and I fall back in love with the record. I mean, you've got "Porch," "Oceans," and fucking "Release" bringing up the rear. And "Master/Slave" has kind of grown to be an awesome bridging mechanism back into those first hints of it that kick the album off.

I guess I still love Ten.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Stupid View Post
                              If you'd said Riot Act or Binaural, I'd be right there with you.
                              Those were pure garbage. I'll freely admit that 'Vitalogy' is totally superior to those two efforts. The self titled album is aces, though...a complete return to form.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                The self titled album is aces, though...a complete return to form.
                                Really? Mediafire and link that shit!

Comment

Working...
                                X