Summer Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt View Post
    FUCKING AWESOME!!!!! You win, Lisa...I won't top that, ever.
    AGREED!

Crosby, Stills, and Nash is now going to be like "whatever" maybe Neil Young shows- "whatever"

Comment

Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
      AGREED!

Crosby, Stills, and Nash is now going to be like "whatever" maybe Neil Young shows- "whatever"
      I know! I thought that, too! "Yeah, whatever, 'Suite Judy Blue Eyes', blah blah blah..."
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

I read about the Ringo show this morning and had instant jealousy. So glad you were able to go and enjoy a night out, especially after the running through the test gauntlet.

Comment

Gorillaz is playing a show the day before my birthday. Not the biggest fan, but Stylo is the tits.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Gorillaz announced today they are coming to town. Tickets go on sale next week. Sadly, I won't have the money to get tickets next week so I will be missing out.

Comment

It's tough to get overly excited over an animated band. Yes, I know the real band is behind a screen.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

That's kind of why I want to go. I dig their music, but I kind of want to see the spectacle of it.

Comment

One month until Rush.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Caught RUSH last night at the Minnesota State Fair. Fucking fantastic and...FUN. Yes, FUN. This is dubbed as their 'Time Machine' tour, and they played around quite a bit.
                    - The opening film featured all three members in costume as old restaurant patrons watching a new band named RASH and ripping on them. For the entire first set, Geddy was wearing a RASH concert t-shirt.
                    - It was Alex's birthday, so Geddy set up an elaborate birthday presentation for him: a two-foot long pronto pup (corn dog) and a huge porkchop on a stick.
                    - For the opening of the second set, they ran another film showing the three members of the band, in costume once again, trying to film a video for RASH. Again, it was pretty funny.
                    - When the second set ended, Geddy and Alex came on stage with baskets of carnie toys and tossed them into the audience.
                    - After the encore, they had a really long comedy skit featuring the stars of 'I Love You, Man' backstage, interacting with RUSH.

The concert itself was great. Setlist (I don't remember the exact order):
                    First Set:
                    'The Spirit of Radio'
                    'Time Stand Still'
                    'Stick it Out'
                    'Presto'
                    'Marathon'
                    'Leave That Thing Alone'
                    'Freewill'
                    'Workin' Them Angels'
                    'Subdivisions'
                    A new song, didn't catch the name

Second Set:
                    All of MOVING PICTURES (from 1980):
                    - 'Tom Sawyer'
                    - 'Red Barchetta'
                    - 'YYZ'
                    - 'LimeLight'
                    - 'The Camera Eye'
                    - 'Witch Hunt'
                    - 'Vital Signs'

'Caravan' (new song...sounded great live)
                    'Faithless'
                    'Far Cry'
                    '2112 Overture/Temple of Syrinx'
                    Neil's Drum Solo
                    'Closer to the Heart'

Encore:
                    'La Villa Strangiato'
                    'Working Man'

The full moon last night was used to a cool effect: During '2112', the video screen behind the band had a split image of the full moon and Alex playing lead...REALLY cool.

Albums not hit at all: 'Fly By Night', 'Caress of Steel', 'Grace Under Pressure', 'Roll the Bones', 'Test for Echo', 'Vapor Trails'.

Biggest suprise: 'Marathon'.

If you're a RUSH fan, catch them on this tour. They're in great form and really having fun.

I'll post pictures later.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I love it when groups decide to run through an entire album during a show. Nice.

Comment

Fuck you Matt. FUCK YOU HARD.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Wish I could catch 'em this weekend, but alas, no.

Still, thanks YouTube!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-Neq1gl0F8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-Neq1gl0F8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I'll see if there's more vids during the week.

Comment

I just bought tickets to one of my favorite bands of all time, Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

I'm stocked. They reformed after 7 years of hiatus. And now, they're touring Europe, the US, and then they unleash 5 live shows here in Montreal.

They're probably the best live performers on the planet. Can't. Fucking. Wait.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                            X