This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fucking lol.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post

I saw it's gonna be like 2 degrees in Nacogdoches.
      Looool this is gonna fuck people up
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• TEXANS ARE SALT OF THE EARTH STRONG PEOPLE YOU GOT THIS

*snicker*
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• going through some old shit. Totally forgot how much I dug this band back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            TEXANS ARE SALT OF THE EARTH STRONG PEOPLE YOU GOT THIS

*snicker*
            Gonna need some of that salt fella. You holdin’?
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              TEXANS ARE SALT OF THE EARTH STRONG PEOPLE YOU GOT THIS

*snicker*
              One week of Texas heat AND humidity you'd retract that statement sir. We literally have a winter here like maybe once every 5 years, we're not used to this shit LUL
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Random revisit thought I scrawled on my Big Chief tablet in BIG BOY CRAYON BLUE:

The movie was hilarious for Gere’s OIRISH MON AXSUNT and Bruce Willy’s wig department going ham was incredible in its audacity but the soundtrack to The Jackal was a banger. Same with The Saint’s release.

Out in the garage to the tune of Massive Attack

Me quick one want slow

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I've been rocking out to power metal for some reason. Lots of Euro power metal bands to enjoy.

What kicked it off was looking for more ABBA covers done in a metal style. There are some really, really good versions out there.

A personal favorite:
                    ABBA original:

Now, the cover by ReinXeed:

and another cover of the same song by Therion:
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That's some mighty fine Swedish Pop Metal covers there, Matt!

Comment

• Do any of you guys listen to normal stuff or am I just lame?
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• If you're talking old school stuff, yep! All the time! Classic rock, 80s, 90s MTV stuff, etc. Rush (the band, not the dead guy. NEVER the dead guy) is my all time favorite band.

But I'm always drawn to alternative, far from mainstream/radio music too. Spending my college years being friends with a couple of DJs at Monmouth's radio station (WMCX 88.9 FM), and being in the nerve center of NJ's music scene (Asbury Park, Red Bank, Old Bridge, Belmar) broadened my horizons and tastes for all time.

That's one of the many reasons why I love youse guys. Y'all are always finding some great stuff to listen too, with videos to match. Brings back memories of a friend of mine at the first place I worked at post-college; the guy would bring in a new mix tape of the best damn alternative music every week to play at work. Made my otherwise boring job amazing.

Comment

• I feel like I don't have the time to find all this new shit to listen to.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                              I feel like I don't have the time to find all this new shit to listen to.
                              Oh, I hear you on this point. I'm 50 years old and I'm pretty well set on my music. I honestly don't have a clue what's 'new' or what's 'hot' out there in the world now, and the snippets that I hear of modern music do not appeal to me in the slightest...and that's fine. As long as I have my Rush catalog of music (along with about 50 other bands), I'm fine.
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Holy shit is this good:

Comment

Working...
                                X